misbehaveing damsels

jcgs

Reefing newb
:question:
Is there any fish that will survive the onslaught of a pain in the tucas damsel?
I have two blue damsels that are extremely territorial . They killed a clownfish thru simple terrorizing and tried the same with my yellow goby. The goby managed to give a little back to them and is now doing great.
My concern is that I want to add another fish but am unsure what might be able to tolerate the damsels.
any Idea's???:sfish:

Unfortunately with aggressive fish, the smaller the tank is, the more aggressive they become.
If you want other fish, I highly, highly recommend getting rid of the damsels.

Unless you are really attached to your damsels, I would recommend taking them back to the LFS and getting something else. Chances are good that they simply will not let you put anything else in that tank. Honestly, with a 28 gallon and 3 fish, you are near your stocking limit anyway, so if you're really looking to add something else, lose the damsels first.

Other tricks could include lights out, rearranging rocks, hanging a mirror, etc. But really, there aren't many fish that will fit in a 28 gallon that are also pugnacious enough to deal with a pair of damsels.

this guy is damsel tough
damselfriendly.jpg

Get them out the tank because damsel's although nice are nasty little fish I have 5 yellow tails that usually just fight amongst themselves but some times try there luck with my yellow tangs and sail fin also my salicin erase gives them a run for there money

Back