Moving a Tank?

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
My nephew needs to move his tank form 2nd floor to 1st floor because it's getting too hot on the 2nd floor, and he's having temp swings. So our plan is to empty the tank of livestock coral and water and move it to the first floor today. Is this advisable? We're obviously going to disturb the sand, etc.

Is there a chance this could set off a cycle? He doesn't have a DSB maybe 1 to 2"
Will the corals be able to handle going back in the tank right away?

Any input is appreciated.

Maybe a small cycle but it shouldn't be bad.
Remove as much water as you can but don't disturb the sand more than you have to.
All livestock should be fine, maybe just a little stressed.

It should be fine. Like Dennis said, keep the sand wet. Removing the rocks should stir up crap, though. So I'd advise to have water ready on hand to do some water changes in the next few days.

+1 Dennis and Biff
I'd probably go ahead and do a big water changes just in case.That way you can siphon out a lot of the crap thats gonna get kicked up.

Thanks ladies and gents the tank move was succesfull so far..but I guess only time will tell..I can't find my tang but she's always very shy when it comes to change..but thanks for the input..if I get any sleep tonight I'll be surprised..

Back