Mushrooms Breeding!!!!!! Nice Pix!!!!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have had this Bubble Coral for about 2 years. It came with a few mushrooms on the bottom as you can see in the photo. It was originally 2 small, small baby shrooms and has grown into a bunch of decent size ones totally covering the rock.

The other day I walked by the tank and noticed this stuff that looked like a Hammer Coral coming out of the middle. Obviously that is not the case as it looks like a bunch of small mushrooms.

The mushroom was folding inside out a little but then went back to laying flat after it was gone.

I came back later and it was all gone but I never found any floating around or even sitting anywhere. I thought maybe it got caught in another coral and eaten or the fish grabbed them or even they are just hidden behind the rocks.

Small-Shroom by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Medium-Shroom by Phastroh1, on Flickr

Large-Shroom by Phastroh1, on Flickr

+1 everyone. That white squiggly stuff is not the mushroom reproducing. My mushrooms did that when they were angry. It's puking up its guts.

I've had a few do that too. They've never been happy since. But yours still looks nice and full so I hope it remains happy for you!

Back