My 29

If your temp swings from 75F up to over 80F your tank could be seriously hurt. The temp swings are much worse than temps that are just too high or too low.

ok i found that out the hard way..its kind of hard to keep it steady at 75...is there an easier temp to keep control of? i have it on 75 and a fan but the temp keeps going up and down like 2 degrees...i keep having to turn on and off the fan every mins

That's a 4 degree swing. And it's dropping pretty low. Set your heater higher so that it turns on when it hits 76 or so. You want to try to keep your temps within 2 degrees.

the temp has been at 76.3 - 76.5. the problem now is evaporation. Its evaporating a lot faster now that i keep the aquarium top open. when it was closed I didnt have a problem. Is there anything i can do to help it evaporate slower?

No. The evaporation is what is cooling your tank. There's nothing you can do unless you want to add a humidifier to the room or something.

ok..this hobby is becoming too expensive..my filter stopped working..its not clogged..and the motor still works..but its not sucking up any water

Back