My 29g Biocube

:mrgreen: I usually tend to forget feeding the corals...
I'm trynig to get animals that require little food to keep the water clean.

Candy canes are probably the easiest LPS corals to keep. They do not require feeding although they grow faster if fed. Bubble corals are also extremely low maintenance and easy, as are zoas and palys. None of these have high mortality rates and are some of the easiest to keep corals in the hobby. Where are you seeing this misinformation?

You won't believe me if I tell you whose tank was the one that guided me in choosing some new corals and evading the candy canes.:mrgreen:Hint...chief.../cought
I had a bubble,loved it,but died really quickly because of some brown algae.Tried to clean him,feed him,move him to a shady spot,nothing was useful.
I hate zoas and palys because of their toxin.I don't want highly venomous corals in my tank.I may have an accident and go...:sniffles:...for weeks.:death:

Btw,I am also trying to order a few snail species to see what I can choose from. 4-5 of each. It's for my under-developed CleaningCrew.

Just dont lick your fingers after touching your zoas and you will be fine. Also, not all of them are toxic, or they only have a little bit of it.

Just use your head and you will be fine.

Thanks for the advice!:D
The order has been confirmed, I will be receiving a phone call when the acan,snails and hermits arrive.

Werent those the candy canes that you got from someone elses dying tank though biff?

Wildheart, brown jelly disease is something you cant really plan for ;) Im thinking of buying candy canes, just never found any I liked! It sounds though like the algae on your bubble coral mught have been brown jelly disease. Because you should be able to just shake algae off of corals.

I read a few articles and it seems you're right. It was brown jelly. RIP bubble...:bye2:
I won't be afraid of getting bubbles and acans anymore.:mrgreen:

BTW, I have some ultra good news!
My goniopora isn't dead. I moved him on the sandbed and he's doing a whole lot better. It looks like he hated the bright light!:shocking:

More good news! Just got some more solutions today from a good friend. I love the Microbe Lift products. He imports them directly from America. Also got a box of JoesJuice to kill my Aiptasias and best of all, he gave me some GSP as a gift! :mrgreen:
In 3 days they will be fully open and shiny!

Biff, you also had some blue little candies that weren't doing very well.
Your acans were all splendid though.:D

Yeah the blue ones never grew. And the surviving heads of brown jelly are doing fine. All LPS corals can get it... You are not going to find any coral that has a100% guarantee. Overall candy canes are some of the easiest.

My LFS sent me a mail this morning, saying the animals had arrived yesterday and the prices have been fixed. I saw the numbers,which were horrible, and immediatly started thinking of what I will do. I went there, trying to find a good excuse on the way. It turned out it wasn't neccesary: the hermits were either dead/sold, the snails were all dead and the acan was green and tiny. I wanted big and red!!!!

Hurray! My wallet survived!:bounce:
I came home with some Zeolith and more active carbo!:Cheers:

Last edited:
I have news for you guys! I've just added a Kenya Tree frag and some dry rock to my tank, in order to change the aquascape a little bit. The Goniopora is long dead, but he is now a very pretty decorative item!:mrgreen:
I have also changed my RO-system and the salt. I now have RedSea salt, which is great!:D

Happy reefing everyone and more updates soon!

Back