My 40 gal build upgrade!

thanks everyone!

Believe me Yote I'm not that good. Anyone can do it. I just wish I had more time and money to get better at it.

I hear you Biff no matter what there is always something.

I still like Yotes way of thinking though.

Well the last couple days I been pondering finishing the inside bottom and side flat, paint it white and leave it open. Main reason is I don't know if I can get my hands on a table saw to make them.

I hope to drill the tank and paint the back of it today if I have time. Just blew in cellulose in my attic last night and today and have to return the machine then finish some trim for my wife.LOL Hopefully I'll get the time today.

Thanks for the comment!

No kidding!! It was DUSTY! My mask got clogged a few times and when I pulled it to get a breath it burned. Then every time I touched it I could feel a burn in the cuts on my hands. I woke up this morning with a sore through. This stuff sucks, but they say alot of the times it pays for itself in the first season.

Man I hope it saves me money and was worth the work.

Yeah LOL No kidding. Well my wife will be happy.LMAO

Just drilled the tank, and finished the second coat of paint. Just waiting for it to dry now.

I have heard several people say the cheap diamond drill bits off of ebay are no good and only work for 3 holes at best. Well I just want to say that is a crock of $hit! I bought mine from LUO I think off of ebay for 10.00 shipped. With that one bit I have drilled about 5 holes then a solid inch thick piece of very dense press wood or fiber board then two pieces of glass and finally my 40 breeder. I think I'll retire it after one or two more holes and thats mainly because when I drilled the wood I bent the middle holes while trying to pop out a piece of wood, and I let a little saltwater get to it and it has some rust on it.

IMHO one tough bit exspecialy for 10.00 shipped.

Anyway I'll have pics soon.

I think it would last a whole lot longer if I never cut that wood. The wood did a ton of damage. It was very dense took forever to cut through heated the bit up and took alot of the diamonds off. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be anywhere near done with it.

Ive heard that those ones are good for about 20 holes each at the high end. From a local guy who does most of the areas drilling.

Well I got the hole drilled the back of the tank painted black and a acrylic overflow made. Here are some pics.

mypictures1159.jpg

mypictures1161.jpg

mypictures1163.jpg

I just need to silicone it in, but I want to do black silicone so I have to go buy it. May just stick with clear if I can't find it.

I decided to finish the inside of the stand that way I can set it up now and it'll still look good. I can always add doors later. Hopefully I can do that tomarrow!

Back