My 40 gal build upgrade!

Thanks. The zoa's are my favorite. Only problem is I can't stop fragging them. I keep fragging and then trading for more zoa's.

So far I got nukclear greens, PPE, AOG, tubs, grave diggers, eagle eye, emeralds on fire, chongs bong, purple deaths and a few nonames.

Funnything about these the PPE and purple deaths trade or sell for alot, but they're one of the fastest growing corals I have. Allwell they keep getting me more.

Here are new addition I got today from twizzlerman. Pics really do not do the coral justice.
Eagle eye
AAAbobbyspics024.jpg

pink
AAAbobbyspics025.jpg

Also here is a close up of my favorite pally. I can't quite get the real color. It is the coolest one I have seen kinda looks like it's been splattered with paint.
AAAbobbyspics028.jpg

AAAbobbyspics027.jpg

AAAbobbyspics026.jpg

Thanks! I can't find any pics of a pally that looks like that one. I don't really have a name for yet. I call them grave digger but I can't find any info on them

Update:

I got the majority of the canopy done today. I plan to paint it tonight finish the rest of the trim tomarrow and add the hinges. Here's what I have so far.

Here is the front that will lift up
AAAbobbyspics001-1.jpg

AAAbobbyspics002.jpg

AAAbobbyspics003.jpg

Here's the hole canopy minus some trim and hinges
AAAbobbyspics004-1.jpg

I'm also planing on adding one of the wood designs on the front center.
The two pieces across the top are for stability and were the halide will be hung from.

Tank looks fantastic Bobby. I love that stand it looks like an antique fireplace mantle, it's cool. I'm a big fan of the maroons, I have one myself but I wish I had gotten a pair. Anyway looks good. :)

Thanks. I to love the maroons. I have never bought them before because they're supposed to be very mean. So far they're getting along great and don't bother the manderine, however, they're still new.

I really wanted another black clown to make a pair but they're 40.00 each and these guys were 35.00 for the pair.

Thanks!

Hopefully I can still finish it today. Just realized though that I had to start back at school yesterday. Sarted the first coat just now, but I have to go back to school in a few hours so we'll see.

Thanks again for the comments.

Thanks Flojo!

Well here is the canopy. I'm a bit reluctant to post a pic as I don't like it much. I WILL be building a new one and scraping this one. The build is spot on, but the paint sucks...atleast I think so. The problem is I used a different brush and the new brush put a thicker coat on so the crackle is not the same. My wife likes it different; says it makes it look more antique as it's not uniform.

Anyway tell me what you think.

AAAbobbyspics005-1.jpg

AAAbobbyspics008-1.jpg

Bobby dont scrap it, take a white latex paint and dilute it with water and put another coat of paint on it. Itll be like a whitewash on it.

HUH I never though about that. I guess I can try it before I throw it out. I also thought it was little tall, but I can deal with the hight more than I can the color.

Back