My 45

Definitely get rid of the crab, snails are much more helpful than a single hermit crab.

The snail eggs won't survive if you have anything living in your tank. They make a tasty snack for so many animals. Like others have said, you can try scraping them off and sequestering them so that no one can predate on them.

Will they die if they et scraped off? i have a tank that has only SW in it. no rock or sand or nothing. would they be ok in there?

Well, Its 11 and Did a water change. Had a lil problem last night. Heater got bumped and I wake up to the dreaded sound of the beeping thermometer. MY TANK WAS AT 85*!!! Coras werent looking to great today and my lion was all pist offf. Did a 5 gal water change and hopefully they look a little bit bette tomorrow morning. Hope I didnt do any major damage.

Well, We had a jumper. My Goby decided he didnt want the tank anymore. He has never even cam to the top for the 2-3 months Ive had him and now he jumped. Found him dead on the carpet

I dont have anything on the top of my tank, but I thought that if he was gonna jump, he would have jumped the first or 2 day. I ded end up getting a very big piece of suncoral for free. It is very good looking

Fish are unpredictable, they can jump any time.

I hope you researched the sun coral. Its polyps need to be handfed every day or every other day since it's non-photosynthetic. And it does best in the shade. Post pics!

I have done months of research trying to find a good deal on one. I will take a pic in a sec. How long before i will open up after smelling food? I have tried 2 times already. maybe it needs to get used to my tank. BTW It has about 30-40 heads on it, 2/3 orange, 1/3 Yellow

Attachments

• Sun.jpg
    Sun.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Looks like it will be a nice piece when it opens, congrats!

Give it several days to a week to acclimate to your tank. If it doesn't start opening up, there's not much you can do for it, since that's how it needs to feed. If it was open when you purchased it, just be patient with it and give it time to adjust to its new setting.

I love my tank I dont care how much time they take. About 5-10 heads opened up tonight, so I fed them, and the rest opened up mostly. I am very happy, and no It wasn topen when i bought it cuz it was only in his tank for about an hour after being shipped on a plane

Attachments

• sun2.jpg
    sun2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Try feeding the fish right before the lights goes out.The smell of food should get the sun corals to open.If you continue to do this regularly at the same time each day,they will get accustom to it and open up like clock work.

They love mysis and cyclopeeze.Good luck,you have your work cut out for you.

NICE! I fed my tank a lil bit, then about an hour after the lights went out, they opened up more than last night, but not quite as much as they should. Also, my shark ate a piece of mysys from my hand while the lights were on. trying to get him to eat good before i go to LA for a week. Im scared for my tank

Ya well, Everything in my tank eats something different. Cowfish eats mysys in the morning and Emerald Entree w/ Formula 2 at night. Clam phyto in the day. shark some swuid at night. lion some krill in the day. Suncoral my mix at night. and my Damsel pellet food. and once a week squid for both of my candy canes

just a tip i would shy away from the pellet food. im sure you can get a damsel to eat something frozen. pellet food can lead to higher nitrates.

Back