My anti "IRS" 300 gallon build

Thanks everyone. The only coral I have lost was a huge anemone that was 14 inches across. The MP40 foam I had fell off one night and sucked the poor guy into it and it was sushi. I was pretty upset but life does go on. I will be getting an Achilles tang and a Whitemargin Unicorn and a school of Bartletts anthias (7) within the next few weeks. After Christmas will be the powder Blue and Powder Brown.
I am trying to decide on a few coral. SPS are doing great in the tank but I am a big fan of LPS. The only problem I am having is finding them large enough so they will not disappear in the tank with all the other larger coral.
Any suggestions on some coral or fish?

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We actually had a bad day. I was feeding the fish and my Gigantia Blue Anemone swallowed my blue tang before I could even help her. Pretty upsetting.
Well any who, here is my new addition list:
Gigantia Blue anemone, about 20 inches across when fully opened. Brightest powder blue anemone I have ever seen. 6 feather dusters, misc, acans, Hawkfish, beautiful purple and white 7 inch leather coral and an unidentified huge purple and red sea fan of some kind. Enough chatter so here are the pics.

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I am working hard to get things right with the tank. I may be getting a larger display in the spring so I will be starting over in a way. There are so many large corals out there and I'm running out of room. I may use this display as the new refugium. The scratch on the front drives me insane.

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We actually had a bad day. I was feeding the fish and my Gigantia Blue Anemone swallowed my blue tang before I could even help her. Pretty upsetting.

:shock::shock::shock:

How big was the fish???

It's still an incredible invert though. ;)

SPS - what's that flexible hose called you have going into your filter sock? Looks like 2" correct? I just finished plumbing my 180g. system and could not find anything like that.

Thx.

Back