My first completed DIY project ever!!!!

leon1972

Reefing newb
So I decided to build a cabinet for my RKE that way all the cords wouldnt hang out, so now for the laughs of my mistakes. lol.
Version 2 will have a PROPER sized door. I forgot to compensate size for the edges so its 3/4 of an inch small all the way around. I fixed this using a magnetic latch that butts up against the edge of the inside. I will also add a few extra inches to the back behind the wall of the cabinet to accomdate for the cords back there and holes both on top and bottom of my modules. But all in all it feels like a great acomplishment. now for the pics, shall we? I will also be adding a few shelves to it as well to hold my more commonly used items. So i know its not much of a project, but as it IS my first I feel like i have accomplished something!!! lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Thanks. Version two will not have screws it will be wooden pegs with plugs. The next one is going to go on top of a chest kind of thing. It's going to house all my equip and a 20 gallon bucket for my ato. I just need to design it. That project will be a lot slower going though probably. This one was just meant to be a quick fix to all the ugliness of ha ging wires and all that.

Back