My first tank - 60g

I keep it in a low flow area, I fed it some mysis which it seemed to take happily, but other than that havent been feeding it at all. For size, its about the size of the base of a 700ml water bottle, so its not big, I cant see it growing too huge, it is has fairly slow growth.

Im not 100% sure, ive heard people say budding, but I get the feeling you could probably frag it like a plate coral.

Interesting. So u said u paid alot for yours. Isn't that kind from your area of the world?

I asked the same question...

"Because they are rare alex, you can get corals from all different places probably multiple countries.

Think of this, we are sourcing from 1 or 2 sites in australia and have a limit on certain things we can take out. Next, we get all our good stuff and send it to the US because they can get better prices. So what becomes left for us is nowhere near as nice and also has the issue of being over priced because there are less people who want to pay the price so we get less meaning the price will stay high. We dont have an established aquarium world here.

yea, they are, it was about 200 dollars.

The LFS gets very few of them, and because not many of us will pay that kind of money, they all get shipped to the US where people love them and want them.

its getting even better Hannah :D starting to disappear so quickly, but my dam urchin broke my frag off its plug... stupid invert..

Man it has been a long time since I've been on here! I have missed you all.

My pooooor tank, has been so neglected the busier I get :(

However, today, I ripped out the baffle of my refugium and have decided to upgrade to a nice big skimmer and get a dosing pump setup! Thinking of buying a deltec sc2060 and a GHL Controlled 4 dosing pump. Should work amazingly for the tank.

I broke the glass a few times to get it off and have a lot of cuts all over my hand! haha whoops ..

the tank is full of macro algae though so time to get it cleaned up :) Amazingly, my acro and clams are still doing well. But my nem ran himself into a powerhead. Must have been upset. :frustrat::frustrat:

Well, it isn't, things change so quickly and I will be moving into a rental apartment in a high rise, so too hard up there. But going to keep my 60 :(

I am so shattered!

Back