My little chunk of ocean! 210 Gallon Build

kvcgsxr600

Reefing newb
Here are a few janky pics of my newly aquired tank. It's an Oceanic 210g 84.5x24x24. I have to get vspeck over to my house to help me build the stand and I will have more pics and do a fresh water test and start cleaning the glass. It will end up being a mixed reef.

Saltwater235.jpg

Saltwater236.jpg

To me all the fun is in the build and constant challenge this hobby produces. The only part I hate about this build is moving the tank cause it weighs more than my ex girlfriend.

Mudrummer we mostly trade between eachother and other reefers. We are both members of SLASH and enjoy fragswaps as well. There are also a lot of generous people in this area that will sometimes frag for free. Rule of thumb is that if you get a frag for free, you frag it three times for free and then its yours to do as you please. So needless to say free frags are not hard to come by. I shop at Beldt's and Marine Solutions when I do go to an LFS. Vspeck and I actually live in north county about 10 minutes from Beldt's. We do a pizza night for our club almost 2 or 3 times a month and this month we are doing a float trip. You are more than welcome to come and join us for a pizza night, we normally meet at an LFS and go eat somewhere and visit someones house look at tanks and talk Saltwater.

Nice pickup kevin! I'm stoked for ya. Can't wait to see the progress with the build. Your wallet is about to get blindsided by your tank :)

yeah. No kidding. Big tanks cost BIG bucks to maintain. I am fearful about upgrading my tank this week - sheesh, the things we do for our little chunk of the ocean. Great find. I didn't hear what kind of deal you got? I look forward to seeing your progress.

-Doc

Congratulation,it's going to be sweet setup.The skies the limit when it comes to stocking.

You sure it's not 240g. like Bifferwine?I believe she has a similar size tank.

Yeah I believe hers is taller than mine which is where she gets her extra gallons. I love having a 24" tall tank though. The stand is going to be 42" tall should be a good viewing hieght.

A couple of empty salt buckets makes a great step stool.Just gotta be careful and not lean out to far to one side.

Back