My little chunk of ocean! 210 Gallon Build

Thanks. Crazy enough I didn't even have a powder brown in mind and my girl friend pointed him out and we decided to get him. Mr. Brown is his name according to the woman. I haven't ever named my fish she does though. I name all of my other pets, like Noah the red tail boa, NIP the panther chameleon, and Rona the boxer.

Ok so I'm buying the wood for the frame this Friday and building the frame on Saturday. I have come up with the design for the frame I want and I am stoked. I will be using all 2x4's and 2x10's/ It's amazing what a 2x4 can hold.

Ok got the frame built!!!
Saltwater251.jpg

Saltwater254.jpg

Saltwater255.jpg

Saltwater256.jpg

Saltwater258.jpg

Saltwater262.jpg

Saltwater266.jpg

Stand looks nice and sturdy, looks like you will have a good ammount of rock to set that up with. I bet your gettin really excited.

Yeah I'm geting pretty stoked but I will probably noty set it up for another 6 months or so. I have a lot of equipment to buy and I may be moving, so I might just move the tank and switch my 75 into it when I move.

I have around 150 pounds of rock in my 75 gallon, 70 in a 55gallon tank and I bought 80 pounds. I want to make sure I have enough when I set the 210 up, plus I got a good deal on the rock.

I'm just gonna fill it and let it run with fresh for a bit before I even attempt cleaning. I have been collecting some frags for the tank though. Here is half of my 75 the other half is equally filled with corals I estimate about 70-90 diff sps lps and softies.

Saltwater096-1.jpg

Saltwater097-2.jpg

Saltwater098-1.jpg

Saltwater089.jpg

Nice looking stuff.

When I brought my 180 home it was probably twice as dirty as that. I just sprayed it with vinegar twice a day for a couple of days and it all basically fell off did some minor scraping and it was good to go. Scraped it all to the bottom and shopvaced it out.

Well Ill be ordering the last of my plumbing supplies this week and hoping to order my sand the following week. So as soon as I get my valves in Ill be plumbing and fresh testing ASAP. WHo knows though really. Looks like you are picking up some really nice equiptment though!

I'm working on it. My next purchase should be a 250 watt hqi fixture, bulb and ballast, a return pump, aqua controller of some sort and a geo calcium reactor.

Back