My little chunk of ocean! 210 Gallon Build

Hey, when you guys do one of those pizza nights, you should let me know. I've been wanting to sign up but have never been able to make it down to gateway aquatics.

That tank does look very similar in size to mine, but when the tank's that big, getting an extra 30 gallons in is as easy as adding an extra inch to one side. So it'd be really hard to tell by looking at it.

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Any ideas about what you'll be using for equipment?

We are actually doing a pizza night tonight. It's at Aquatic Treasures in Illinois and then lotta wotta place afterwards. If you are able to make it tonight and want to come let me know by 6pm.

Biffer as far as equipment goes I'm going to run 2-150 watt ushio 20k's run by a blue wave 7 ballast over either end, a 250 watt ushio 20k run by a blue wave 3 ballast in the middle, and I will also run 2- 72" VHO super actinic white to supplement. Oceanrunner 3500 return pump, Geo 618 Calcium reactor, aqua controller, titanium heater, phosban reactor, 2 modded MJ 1200s, 3 tunze nanostreams, tunze 9010 skimmer for now later I am looking at an octopus 212 I believe who knows that could change. That's what comes to mind so far, I have a 1/4 of the equipment I need, I have almost all the live rock I need and sand. I'm sure the list could get bigger but thats a start. I hope to start on the stand this weekend or in the next week or two.

We are actually doing a pizza night tonight. It's at Aquatic Treasures in Illinois and then lotta wotta place afterwards. If you are able to make it tonight and want to come let me know by 6pm.

Hmmm...not me this time. I hate driving to fairview heights...i get sooo lost every time I hit the 70 64 overlap :frustrat:. Plus thats an hour drive both ways for me.

Ill go one of these days though :mrgreen:

Just to keep this thread a little interesting until I buy some wood for the stand, here are a few picks of my 75 gallon.
Saltwater239.jpg

Saltwater237.jpg

Saltwater241.jpg

Saltwater242.jpg

Saltwater243.jpg

Love the Police Attack dog footage! Im going to go out on a limb and say that you dont keep many inverts with the Harlequin Tusk?

Really nice tank though

My livestock list as of right now consists of 1-Harliquin tusk(my Favorite)
1-Vlamingi tang 1- Powder Brown Tang that is in QT I have had him for 6 days now 40-blue leg hermits 4- turbo snails. He does not touch the turbo snails and he has only had his way with a few of the crabs. I just keep him well fed. I did some research about this fish and it says for as active as they are they need meaty foods 3-4 times a day. Oh and I also have 1- Lawn mower blenny. I had a bi color goat fish but the tusk decided to have him as a snack after they had been together for a week.

So what are you feeding the Tusk? My LFS tosses in about 4 small frozen shrimp a day for the one in their display. What a voracious eater!

Looks great! The tank knda takes away from the TV though.LOL Great harlequin tusk fish. I love those fish. Only problem is they're usually around 100.00

EDIT: I thought they were not reef safe.

I feed him large pieces of frozen krill, flakes, and mysis shrimp soaked in amin-omega. They are classified reef safe with caution due to the fact that they tend to eat crabs and sails, but I can deal with that if he ever starts. He does not eat corals.

Well I loike threads with plenty of pics so here are some more, not very good but they are something to look at. I just added my Powder Brown last night from my QT tank to the main display.
Saltwater250.jpg

Saltwater249.jpg

Saltwater248.jpg

Back