my new 700+ gallon build!

Bluesaltwater87

Aquarium System Design
Hey all once agein i am sorry for the long time me being gone. but i am saving and planing to build my super tank in my house. my build will consist of one 500 gallon tank with a 100 gallon refugeum as well as a 100-150 gallon (new) mico-sock wet dry filter. my own disgine. it uses five 6" (in diamiter) filter socks that will than go to a wet dry filter with a mix of live rock and bio balls.
I will be building the stand, hood, shelving and i will be doing all of the piping and elecerical.

ANY Questions on anything just ask. :sfish:

well right now the tank i am looking at is 72wide X 40deep X 40tall
it cost 4,900 just for the tank than i have to pay for shiping and handleing so it will cost in the ball park of 5,500 for just the tank.
I prefer glass tanks but this one with the size of the tank it would be a pain to move that much glass so i am going acrylic.

I will be running 2 high flow external pumps for the sump and for cyrculation in the tank. I will be using 2" pvc for the "out water" and 1" on the "In water"
I will be running 2 skimmers in the tank. both can run 400 gallon tanks.
i will also have GFO and Carbon canisters as well as a 550 PhosBan reactor
one Kalk reactor
one U.V. sanitizer at 80 watts
i will also be using 4 hydro sponge 5 in the sump or refuge
My heat is one i had to really think real hard about. it is one of the most important parts to thet system. so i will be running 2 1000 watt heaters with digetal controlers.
I have a temp alert system right now that will tell me if the tank is over heating or to cold.
and as far as water changes it will be as easy as opening a valve that is attached to my draine in the floor so no mess.

Lighting was another thing that i spent a lot of time looking at and going over. I want the best but i dont want to have to pay for a 300 dollar bill because of lighting. so i am going to the L.E.Ds.
I will be instaling the Pandora pro LEDs because i like the way the work on the water and my corals as well as not having to use as much energy.
and the storm effect is also nice:)
I will have 600lbs of Live sand delivered and get a shipment of sea water to my house if i can get it here in sacramento. dought it tho.
if not than i will be using instant Ocean reef crystals to make the water.
I have a 300gpd RODI unit with pump and TDS meter and the no waste pack.
I also have 3 100 gallon tanks to fill with ROwater.
so when i do a water change it travels 4 ft to my sump to put in the new salt water. No mess and no spills. when the tank is empty it gets refiled.
i also have freshwater tanks and they use the water as well.

wow i am hooked.... thanks for making me realize how small my 40 gal is lol

well that was not my intention bro. i dont have the tank right now lol. I am just telling everyone what i will be doing and what i will be posting. I still have my 40gallon tank running with my 2 clowns and there anemonie and my little yellow goby. with some little zoas and a bridsnest in it. so i am in the same boat as you. :D

Sounds awesome to me and I really can't wait to see it but those lights don't seem like they will be enough.

If you really want "the best" you're looking at MUCH more expensive lighting. :-/

well i am looking in to more varyations of LEDs and seeing what is out there but my friend who has an aquarium/petstor bussness uses these LEDs on his 1200 gallon saltwater reef tank. so i am still looking into a final disision but this is what i am thinking right now.

+1 Dennis. If you're going to sink the money into a 700 gallon build, you might as well invest in high-quality lighting like the Radions. In the grand scheme of things, lighting is not something to skimp on, especially if you're going that big!

well it is as i said i am still looking but radions are just not what i am looking for. I have been looking and i know what i want but i can not find any LED lights that are high enough power for the tank so i may mod the tank size so i can use the Pandora LEDs. I have seen how they work and how to set them up in the same way i want. But if that dos not seem to work than i will be building my own DIY LEDs.

Back