My tank

Thanks. Ill take pics next week when I get my coral. Im going to start doing 2 water changes a week till the cyano goes away. And hopefully I get a free frag of frogspawn and brain from my friend.

Had kinda impulse buy today. Went to my LFS at home.

bought a yellow umbrella leather. Picking it up tomorrow, so ill have pics tomorrow.
Got a small protein skimmer for my tank, and phosphate remover for the cyano.

Ill get the pics when I get back from class. But a couple of questions. It came on a small rock. Should I take it off this rock or what. Also what do I need to put in the water for it.
Thanks

No, don't take it off the rock. Just place the rock where you want the coral to be. You don't need to put anything special in your water for a leather.

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

still kinda brown from the 3 hour trip.
crap forgot to take pics of the protein skimmer I got. Ill get them in a little bit

oh and my new powerhead is in. Except I cant pick it up for another hour. Where should I put it. I was thinking below my other one but kinda goin straight out cuz my one from my tank is going up and its not that powerful

UPDATE
got my powerhead in and put it in. Any suggestions on where to put it.
Got pics of the protein skimmer and such.
Enjoy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
DSC01443.jpg

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

looks like a good start. i like the coral...... but other fish>clownfish its all about what you like though. looks good. glad to see the algea isnt so bad now. good choice on the powerhead.

thanks. I love my clown's though. I guess its personal opinion. I might be ordering a toadstool leather tomorrow for next week. I dunno yet. I might get a 6 line next week.

then thats what im getting next. I wanted to get a toadstool yesterday but they didnt have one. They have one in their main tank and its HUGE. they said it would be like $200-300

yeah mine isnt 2-3 hundred huge.... hell one that big wouldnt fit in your tank! mine is about the size of a fish so maybe $75-80 guesstimate. it was less when i got it and i got a super huge deal on it. Only advice i have is if you have asterina stars ANYWHERE in your tank rip them out immediately. they are supposed to be considered coral safe..... sometimes. I let the population go based on being daring and liking them now there are hundreds. they never touched a coral till my toadstool was introduced. now they are all over it like flies on S%*T. its a tough battle with hundreds in your tank.

The Cyano is going away. I think it is atleast, it isnt regrowing and I took out as much as I could during my water change today.
Ill get a pic of my skunk shrimp today.
Ive ordered a toadstool leather which should come in tuesday.

Back