My water looks white?

Rcchanlder

Reefing newb
For some reason my water looks white . The water chemistry seems to be ok. There is a bit of white film on the glass that is easily removed. Is it my lighting or something else? Its been about 2.5 weeks since i started the tanks.

people need to start giving more information when posting such open ended questions.

info such as tank age (which you provided), water source, maintenance habits, type (FOWLR or reef), lighting and photoperiod length, and parameters would all help us to help you.

speaking as a nube myself i would not know what info to tell you. but the more i read here the more i learn and i want to thank all for that.

i started the tank with tap water and let it run for a while. i used RO water for water changes. i only have one clown fish and 7 lbs of live rock in a 30 gal tank. I didn't put anything in the tank to make it white. I think bacteria may have been the best answer

I also think it's probably bacteria. Best to wait it out since your ammonia and nitrites are not showing up. This sometimes happen when a new tank is first cycling. Since you have a fish, the water changes may prolong the bacterial bloom, but may keep the water safer the fish, so that's a good thing.

is there any specific reason that i shouldnt have it?
Undergravel filters will pull everything underneath the substrate, which will rot and decay, and cause high nitrates, and possibly cause a toxic area under the filter, and once disturbed, will wipe your tank out. You should remove it before your tank really matures.

Back