Nano Fish Choices!

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I've been thinking a lot about stocking options for my 10g and have spent hours browsing live aquaria and other sites to look at what they recommend for a 10g. I know there are a lot of new nano tanks sprouting up around here (yay!) and am curious to hear what ideas others have for their stocking lists! I am also wondering if anyone could recommend a nano fish that has purple in its color scheme other than the purple firefish or helfrichi firefish?

To start things off, my current possibilities are:

Red Firefish
Red Sea Mimic Blenny (though very hard to come by)
Black-Line Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
Wheeler's Shrimp Goby
Greenbanded Goby
Black/White Clown

What Nano Fish are you thinking about or have you added?

Last edited:
Hmmm 10g is very popular right now. how about a purple dotty, size limit close a purple chromis, purple tilefish, MAN gotta love the internet, haha royal gamma??, im out of idea's good luck lets see pics!

Clownfish, chromis, dottybacks; purple tilefish, royal gramma all need bigger tanks. None of these would be good options for a 10 gallon tank.

Yup, agreed Sarah! Which is why I came here to see if anyone could think of an uncommon purple fish that could survive in a 10g! I'm trying to get a nice mix of colors in my nano fish. I'd really like a red firefish but I also want purple in my tank. Do you think I could do both a red and purple or helfrichi's firefish in the same 10g, or is that just asking for trouble?

Back