Need Coral Advice

It's probably about 7" from left to right in the photo. The more I look at it, I really think this coral could frag a few times. Of course I wouldn't do that for awhile. I'll try to get another picture, when the halides are on.

Well, it looks nice! I think the reason it says that it's difficult to care for is because it's an SPS coral. SPS corals are all around more difficult to take care of due to lighting and flow requirements. They also require very stable water params and temp with the additions of trace elements, calcium and strontium. They're just not rated as a beginner coral.

Now I'm curious what the actual name of this coral is :dunno:

Yote - I think that the links you have are similiar to the one I have. It appears that there are several that are alike.

Here's a quote from liveaquaria "Other Turbinaria species may be referred to as Pagoda, Turban, Cup, Vase, Bowl, or Scroll Corals." So, it may be any of them. I guess I'll stick with ruffled ridge coral, until someone can determine otherwise. That is what the LFS was told that it was.

Anyways, here's a picture under the Halides. :bounce:

Attachments

• P1070525.JPG
    P1070525.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 199
Yote is deffinatley correct on this one...

Is it hard or soft? I am assuming that its hard, if so yotes got it. :) its not difficult medium light, low to med flow, keep polyps moving and it should do good.

How confusing, there are a few things called "ruffled ridge coral," none of which are common names.

Is it one of these? (These are three different species, all called ruffled ridge).

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+322+487&pcatid=487
Ruffled Ridge Coral, Lettuce Coral - Merulina amplicata
FreshMarine.com - Fox Coral - Nemanzophyllia turbida - Ridge Coral - Ruffled Coral - Buy Cheap Jasmine Coral at Wholesale

From Dr Mac's coral's:

Multimouth Key Lime Pie Scolymia
Rich Red People Eater Palythoas
Slammin Jammin Whammin Zoanthids
Cool Sea Breeze Thru The Blue Bonnet Zoanthids
Bright Teal X-Men Mushroom
etc etc... They do look like great corals.

.: Pacific East AquaCulture :.

Back