Need help identifing........

mennazeher04

Reefing newb
I dont have a picture of it cuz my camera is too damn blurry but it looks like a snail but with no shell. It is all white with a red and black checkered back. He has to white tentacles things it looks like coming out of his butt. Sorry no pic right now he wont get close enough to the glass for my camera to focus but hopefully i can get one soon.

hey thanks Yote and Biff for the websites, but I have some pictures that I need help to identify. Thanks for all the help.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• moms pic 018.jpg
    moms pic 018.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 265
  • moms pic 019.jpg
    moms pic 019.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 249
  • moms pic 020.jpg
    moms pic 020.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 242
  • moms pic 021.jpg
    moms pic 021.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 268
  • moms pic 023.jpg
    moms pic 023.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 35
That first pic is a type of stony coral thats non-photosynthic.

thanks Yote, but what does that actually mean? All of these inverts came on my LR, I just want to know if something should be removed or not? When I was looking through the website you and Biff gave me, I found a couple pests that I saw in my tank which are the Cirolanid Isopods, Mantis shrimp, and tons of Aiptasia anemones. So any pointers will be greatly appreciated, thanks

non photosynthetic means it isnt getting any food from the lights and you have to feed it every day to every other day for it to live

hey also i just wanted to say that the picture on the far right, there has been long yellow brownish string coming out of its hole on its side. What does that mean? Is it bad or is pooping....lol? Need help because if its bad i need to remove immediatly. Thanks for the help

Those are definitely weird looking hitch hikers. I doubt they are dangerous. The one on the right looks to be some sort of tunicate. Does it have one hole? Tunicates are harmless, but usually don't live very long once they hitch hike in to our tanks.

The others could be sponges or corals. They are definitely not common pest hitch hikers, so you can breath easy about that.

Non photosynthetic corals will usually take meaty foods such as mysis shrimp, when their tentacles are extended.

Those are definitely weird looking hitch hikers. I doubt they are dangerous. The one on the right looks to be some sort of tunicate. Does it have one hole? Tunicates are harmless, but usually don't live very long once they hitch hike in to our tanks.

The others could be sponges or corals. They are definitely not common pest hitch hikers, so you can breath easy about that.

Non photosynthetic corals will usually take meaty foods such as mysis shrimp, when their tentacles are extended.

hey Biff on the one pic on the right it has the hole on its side which you can see and then there is another on its side (top, the left part of it). Also how do you get rid of the isopods that i mentioned ealrier. How do you actually feed the coral with the mysis shrimp or zooplankton? Is there a certain way or procedure? Thanks again.

Back