New 125 pics

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
Here's some pics I just took of the new 125.

FTS

fts1_3-08.jpg

fts-rt_3-08.jpg

fts-lt_3-08.jpg

Some coral.

orange-cap_3-08.jpg

cap_3-08.jpg

hydno_3-08.jpg

zoos_3-08.jpg

porites_3-08.jpg

WOW! Looks great I love the coral, but fell in love with the pink zoa's. Man I love my zoas. LOL Tank looks very nice though. How old is the tank?

Actually this tank has only been set up about 2-3 weeks, but almost everything came out of my 75, which was an upgrade from a 50 I had set up for almost 20 years.

Thanks all.

The hydnophora's are really slow growers....at least my branching one is. The encrusting 1 grows alot faster. I didn't take a current pic of it, but here's 1 from about a yr ago.
hydno_3-07.jpg

The anemone is a sebae I bought from Petco a few years ago. It was pure white and about the size of a silver dollar. It grew up a little ;)

Nice! Thats good news about the sebae, if you had a petco one survive then I hope I can get mine to last. I didnt even know they had encrusting hydrophora, thats crazy I cant imagine the colors in person under actinics!

Very nice encrusting hydno.Mine is growing on a branch rock and I have a much smaller branching hydno then the earlier pic of yours.Both to me seem to grow at glacial paste.

So your sebae was pure white and still lived, hmm. I'm having regrets about mine, the mouth is gaping, its hardly opening all the way, and it wont grab/hold/eat food. How was yours at first when you got it?

The tank looks great. Nice rock work. The over all color of the tank looks so good. Its also very clean. I give this tank 2 thumbs up (i'm promoting myself as the new tank critic).

Thanks for the compliments all. :)

@hotimportknight: When I bought the sebae about 3 1/2 yrs ago it was pure white and about the size of a silver dollar. I know how everyone is telling you to feed yours, but I NEVER fed mine. A bleached anemone is stressed and weak and digesting food takes alot of energy it doesn't have. Strong lighting and pristine water conditions are the best cure IMO.
I think the biggest factor in the sebae recovering in my tank is it's age. The tank was about 15 yrs old when I added it. I consider a tank mature when it has no diatoms, no cyano, no dinos, no hair/nusiance algea and a nice growth of coralline algea. When you see a tank in this condition, you know it's a mature, well maintained tank.
I couldn't find a pic of the anemone from when I bought it, but I found 1 from Dec. 05. You can see on the bottom left side of the pic there is a mushroom to give you an idea of the size of it back then.
sebae.jpg

Back