New 125 pics

Thanks, yours doesnt look too far off of what mine looks like right now. As for mature tank ive not had any diatoms in 6 months, hair algae was solved about 4 months ago, no other problems, coralline is randomly spotted all over my back glass and covering everything thats plastic. So it sounds like its doing ok, I'm going to do a water change tonight and try to be more regular on the 1 week mark, some times I get lazy and do it every other and coral/coralline growth slows for that week.

Guess I'll try to resurrect this thread with a few updates.

FTS 9-08
fts_9-08.jpg

Couple frags...rose mille, ORA blue tort, blue tip millie
millie-tort_9-08.jpg

Here's the rose mille (right center) and blue tip millie (left center) when I got them from Sanjay in Feb. 08
frags5_2-3-08.jpg

millie-tort2_9-08.jpg

Porites
porites_9-08.jpg

Last edited:
The lighting is 3x175 Iwasaki 15K mh. They are a very crisp white. I like them alot. They have a extremely high PAR rating too. Higher than many 250w MH bulbs. I also run 2x165 VHO SuperActinics.

Ryan..that blue tip stag and blue tort are frags I got from the swap at Nate's house in Binghamton.

Last edited:
Capt,
The tank looks great. I love the Monti's and ORA blue tort. Can't wait to start watching mine grow. Oh wait! I have to get some SPS first.lol Wife says color, color, color. I said money, money, money.
Keep posting updates. It is great to watch others tanks.

Capt,
How about you bag up the Lyretail Anthias and sent them to me. I could PM you my address. ha
I hope to have a shoal of them. Do you have 1M/3-4 females??
Corals look great.

Capt,
How about you bag up the Lyretail Anthias and sent them to me. I could PM you my address. ha
I hope to have a shoal of them. Do you have 1M/3-4 females??
Corals look great.
I have 1 male and 2 female Bartletts and 1 male lyretail. The 2 female lyretails I had disappeared somewhere. If you are getting anthias, I suggest you qt and deworm them. I didn't deworm the 2 female lyretails and I think that was the problem with both.

Last edited:
Looks great and love the frags! What kind of cap is that? I thought I had every cap known to man but I have not seen that one. Looks tan with a purple rim.

I also have had about a 50% success rate with anthias, but the ones I do have now I've had for a long time (almost a year, probably). It seems to be (with mine at least) that if they're not going to make it, they die right away. If they last more than a couple weeks in the tank, they're in it for the long haul.

Looks tan with a purple rim.
Yes, the big cap in the middle is light tan with a purple rim. The edges look a lot more deeper purple when you look at it from the underside.

The tan/brown with white edges looking coral to the right of the cap (in person it has a lot of green tint to it) is an elephant skin (pachyceris.sp) coral and on the far right is a regular orange cap.

Just a little update on a frag I picked up at a swap I went to in July.

This is a Mike Accadia stag and what it looked like when I got it.
blue-tip_7-08.jpg

And now, less than 3 months after I got it.
blue-tip_10-08.jpg

This is by far the fastest growing acro I have. And my camera sucks...the color is way better in person.

Thanks Yote.
I'm tellin' ya. I wish my other corals grew 1/2 this fast. The guy I got it from told me it was a fast grower...but I didn't think this fast.

Back