New 125 pics

I guess it's about time for a few updated shots. Not much I can add now, so I just watch 'em grow. ;)

fts_8-3-10.jpg

fts-l-r_8-3-10.jpg

fts-r-l_8-3-10.jpg

Magnificent!I like the coralline frame around the tank.;-)

I see all kinds of space for frags Capt.Can I ask how many fish you have in there?

Magnificent!I like the coralline frame around the tank.;-)

I see all kinds of space for frags Capt.Can I ask how many fish you have in there?
I'm just too lazy to get the scraper out and do the perimeter. For some reason, the MagFloat just doesn't get it good along the edges.

I have 1 Zebra goby(dartfish), a yellow watchman goby, mated pair of clarkii clowns, Lamarck angel, Atlantic blue tang and I just took out of QT a striped bristletooth tang (Ctenochaetus striatus). So 7 fish. ;)

I'm trying to be realistic somewhat minimalistic maybe when it comes to fishes in my new tank.I'll soon be at 10 so I will stop there.

Larry, unreal - looks amazing, super growth since February. The placement and layout is masterful.
What's the pinkish coral in the middle? How much calcium does that tank suck up?? What're you running in the sump?

Lots of q's, I'm intrigued!

The coral in the center is an orange monti cap. Farther to the right is a pink birdsnest.
I dose about 200 mL (not quite 1 full cup) of both calcium and alk every day.
My sump is a 55g and has my Octo NW200 skimmer, GFO & carbon reactor and some chaeto. Nothing fancy. ;)

I decided to give XM 20k bulbs a try. I borrowed 4 mo old bulbs my friend used till he switched to Radiums. I'm going to borrow a PAR meter and check the actual difference between these and the XM 10k's. It's will be a huge difference I think. These bulbs are dim and blue, in fact so dim that my wife even asked what happened to the lights on the tank and I never told her beforehand I changed bulbs.

So here's a few comparison pics.
fts_8-27-10.jpg

fts_8-3-10.jpg

fts-l-r_8-27-10.jpg

fts-l-r_8-3-10.jpg

fts-r-l_8-27-10.jpg

fts-r-l_8-3-10.jpg

PAR measurement will be coming in a few days.

Back