New 92 Gallon RR Oceanic Setup

I have talked to an oceanic customer service rep and they are top notch so far.

There was a typo on the website they are looking into what they can they do for me. Even though I don't know what that is yet the way they handled the situation over the phone and the quick response has me pleased so far.

Will post more as it develops.

Brandon

This afternoon Oceanic called back and is now sending me a free 36" VHO lighting system for their mistake.

Honestly guys, though I was a little upset as the tank wasn't 100% as I expected I have to say they really stepped up to the plate. The tank is what it is, but they did all they can do and I feel assured that if I ever had an issue they would be there to fix it quickly in the future.

Customer service says alot and they are top notch, well atleast the lady Carol is I spoke with was.

Now back to the project.......and sorry for the tangent, but all little projects have there set backs.

Brandon

Oh my where to start........

First of all there was a misunderstranding at bermuda they now also have a 92 gallon corner that John needs to sell quickly that came in by mistake, I feel horrible and neither John nor I know how this happened. My guess is when he called for a price the guy assumed he wanted it. We don't know where the confusion happened but he now has one and said he needs to get rid of it even if it is at cost... so if you are interested please call john at bermuda or pass the word along to anyone looking for a 92 corner tank.

The light hasn't came in yet, but she did say a couple weeks.

I'm in the process of learning how to bend wood.... probably going to be building a steamer box this weekend with my father. I'm going to build my own stand and canopy.

Equipment on Order (thank goodness for xmas :mrgreen: )

FMC 620 -- http://www.myreefcreations.com/fmc.htm

Medium Nelsen Reactor -- http://www.myreefcreations.com/nilsen.htm

MR2 Skimmer with Quick release and Ozone -- http://www.myreefcreations.com/psstandard.htm

Iwaki MD 70 RLT -- http://www.myreefcreations.com/iwaki.htm

More updates to come, but will probably be late december before I actually start on the stand/canopy, since i have vacation then.

Brandon

I'll keep my ears open if anyone local is looking for one. Any idea what cost is?

Sounds like some heavy-duty equipment. I was considering the MR-2 skimmer but opted for the ASM G-3 instead (about 30% less and includes the pump).

yea I know i could have probably found cheaper, but I got a combo price :mrgreen:, plus the MR2 is upgradable.

Not sure what Johns cost is, but the cost of the place I bought it from was $595. It was more of a Dog and Cat place but the large order helped them get free shipping or there prices in the next lowest price group or something so they showed me cost plus $40.

Thanks for helping out Crazy.
Brandon

Were money no an object (which it is!) I likely would have opted for one of the MRC skimmers...I had been looking at a used one that had some nice upgrades, but I figured I'll wait until I need a larger one for the fish room and maybe splurge a bit then. I ordered some clams in this week as well, so I need to have a good spread of where I put my money.

The MRC skimmers are some of the best out there, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it. I hope I can say the same thing of the ASM! I like that it has a needle-wheel, and comes with a larger pump than the Coralife skimmers, which are very similar.

Who said money wasn't an object.....

You must have missed the "Thank goodness for xmas :mrgreen: " line.

When you think about it $299 for a skimmer that size and quality isn't a bad deal....

I would like to know how many people have paid over $150 for a seaclone :question:

The MRC products are not a bad value at all, but they do add up after a while. The pump costs extra, and of course I'd have wanted to quick-release fitting, the extra injector, the waste collecter...well, you get the point. :mrgreen:

The ASM skimmer, with pump, will end up costing me a lot less than that...somewhere in the $230 delivered range. Of course, I'm sure it doesn't quite have the build quality or "wow" factor of an MRC, but it's getting stuck under the stand and basically ignored for most of the time...

speaking of upgrades....... would you use Ozone? I went ahead and had the port added but will just cap it.

Just got it just in case i ever wanted to.

Probably one of those things I'd take the wait and see approach with. Unless I had an ORP meter and was monitoring it really closely, I don't think I would.

brandon hows the stand coming?
Im going to pick up some cabinet doors tommorrow for a new aquarium stand I built for that 58 gallon tank I bought. Are you needing any doors for your stand? Ive always bought my unfinished oak doors from them. There great quality and very affordable.

do they build curved doors?

I have someone who is going to build it on the 27 and 28th a relative of mine over the holidays...

So kinda just waiting right now.

Give me a call on your way tomorrow I interested.

Brandon

hey, Theres alot of different ways to curve a door?
If your wanting a door that is solid wood that has been intentionally warped to create a bow, Thats gonna be 100% custom.
this place builds raised panel cabinetry doors, like kitchen cabinet doors. I can ask them if they do custom jobs like that, They would probly have to have the stand completed to make a door that fits right even if they could make one.
My wifes grandfather is a master carpenter and could build it but he is to expensive. He helps me when I need it and lets me use his wood shop but I feel bad using him to much, thats why I buy my doors premaid. I pay only $12 a piece for a door he would charge $125 for.
Ill try and give you a call

thanks for the thoughts Bryan, but if they don't have curved doors don't worry about it.

My uncle can make them, just said its one of the harder parts so thought if they were cheaper i might just buy them premaid.

Thanks again for the thought.

bv

Well its been a long time since i updated this thread, but there has been progress..

1) Since my last post I have finished building my Stand and Canopy.
2) Painted the sides of the tank Black
3) Recieved my Skimmer, Nilsen Reactor, and Media Chamber.
4) Placed the order for my tunze kit, Supplemental VHO lighting, Aquacontroller etc.

Hopefully I can get a few pictures of the progress up soon. Busy busy busy..

Brandon

Back