New addition.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
Well I went out today and got a condy the only nem at the store. He looks great not real white and has color, so not bleached. The thing is very sticky also. Anyway I got this guy as a test and if all goes well then I'll try a BTA, LTA, seaba, or carpet anemone. I told myself no more anemones, but I really like them, so I figured on testing on a condy then trading it in for another. Heres a pic and vid. Enjoy!
mypictures057_139404.jpg
[/IMG]

salty3_reef
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice buy! I hope he does well for you - he/she/it looks healthy. Keep him away from your killer powerheads. I don't know why I keep referring to it as a he. If anything, condys are girly looking.

Yeah he seems very healthy, unlike the BTA i had. I think my biggest problem with it was it was already sick ( because it wasn't sticky at all) and then I'm sure the power heads helped speed things along.LOL I hope he's not a roamer, but I will cover the PH's just in case. I guess your right with the purple color it is more girl looking.LOL Thanks for the wishes.

HA HA the lights have been off since 5:00 and it's 9:00 now and the nem hasn't moved at all. Hopefully he/she like where I put her/him and will stay there. I hope.

condys are amazing...give a chunk of shrimp once a week..they love that..good luck with it bobby!!..it looks beautifull!!

I feed him a piece of silver side yesterday and he tapped it with a tantical and sucked it in and ate it. He still hasn't moved at all. So far I'm loving this guy/girl.

I'll name it pinky, and get a short fat one to name the brain.LOL I don't know. I havn't named anything in the tank yet.

What in the hell!!! I just went to the bedroom to look at the tank and the nem was gone like nowere to be seen. I searched for awhile and then found a little piece of him foot I can see in a rock. The damn thing sucked his whole body in a hole in the rock that is about a nickle size around. I never expected this. I hope he'll be ok.

they shrink up small sometimes, i got a long tentacle anenome and it stays in sand with foot anchored to glass below sand so sometimes it shrivels up to i can't really see it in sand. My rock anenome put itself in a hole and extends itself out of hole into light.

Anemones naturally wedge their foot in holes and cracks or under the sand.
Gives them a safer place for retreat when their threatened.

Well I just got home from work and he's back out. So hopefully all is good. I have a large blue leg hermit that has been eating on my star so I moved him to the 30 and I noticed him by the nem so I wonder if he tried taking a bite or just scared him.

I used to have a condy. he would do the same thing. he would shrink himself into such a small little ball I thought he was gone! then before you know it, he would open back up.

nope, just figured it was his way of purging himself or something. didn't have anything else in the tank at the time except two clowns. and of course they wouldn't go near it. so I don't think anything was bothering it.

Back