New additions

Larry, Awesome update on the fish. does look like a lil red spot one one of them. in the last pic it looks like the tang is rubbing his belly on the sand bed. haha. looks like he is having fun.

hey capt what is that blue\black striped fish on the right in your last pic?
Yep, it's a genicanthus Lamarck with the streamers finally starting to grow out. Here's a better pic. She's the queen of the tank.
lamarck_5-09.jpg

And here's when she was in qt when I got her 13 months ago.
lamarck_4-08.jpg

The angel doesn't really bother any other fish, but it is the undisputed ruler of the tank. It occasionally chases the anthias, but doesn't bother the tangs or clowns.
The genicanthus.sp angels are planktivores, so they don't nip/eat any corals and mine eats absolutely any food I put in the tank.

I was doing a head count on the anthias when the lights came on. 1 2 3 4 5 hmmmmm
Looked on the floor, but they can't really jump out, then I looked in the overflow. There she be! Same place the watchman goby went twice. I'm getting good at taking that overflow apart now. I had it apart, the fish back in the tank and running in 15 mins. :)

Last edited:
That is a pretty angelfish.
Funny how fish think of the overflows as a good hiding place aint it:D
I'm happy to hear she went to overflow instead of floor though.

wow god job with the overflow.record breaking time on your tank! My starry belnny went in my overflow. freake me out but glad it missed the floor. always a relief. just hopefully the new anthia does not make a habit out of it.

BTW that angel is a really good looking fish.

Back