newbie's 20gallon

no need for an nem, there is no guarantee that they would be hosted anyways, plus I doubt your lights are good enough to keep one anyways.

And you can definitely run a skimmer on your tank, I cant think of a single creature that would be damaged by running a skimmer. However, I wouldnt buy a skimmer from your LFS. Ive never seen a LFS carry a quality skimmer. You are much better buying one online. A great brand of skimmers are the reef octopus skimmers, and you want to get one rated for twice your system volume. Be wary of cheap skimmers, they are, well, cheap.

But on a small tank like you have, regular water changes are good enough to keep your water parameters in check.

There are some lfs that carry great skimmers it all about who owens the store and how knowledgeable they are. Aquamaxx has great hang on the back skimmers and reef dynamics is my favorite skimmer for everything else they useto be called euro reef. The owener is very knowledgeable in skimmers and skimmer theory. And there american and hand made not manufactored in china. My lfs will order me and any one else any product I could ever want and match any price and I don't pay shipping you can't beat that.

Do a product review on odyessea light I did and got very mixed review the word it the they short and catch on fire just what I've heard I go some hqi t5 combo made by the company that bought odyssea's old factory and they didn't catch on fire but the ballast died after 1 month lame. Ati is a good t5. The cheep way is to look a sunlight supplies catalog. As far a cpr I like aquamaxx way better but the main thing is never buy a skimmer that runs of a air stone its old tech you want a skimmer that runs off a moded pump (a wire or mesh pin wheel perpellor) that's the smart choice I've seen people go through 5 airstone skimmers before I've gone through one perpellor in my pump

It seems that it's the older model odyssea lights that catch on fire. Several members here have them and are very happy with them.

Ya the newer odyseas might not not catch on fire but my expirience is low quality control I switched my reef to mogel 250 watt halides for the hqi t5 combos and I'm pulling less electricity and getting better colors and more growth. P.s. I have 2 250 w hqi pc combos with moon lights for sale if anyone is intrested pm me

404709_341766525837766_100000132651912_1581148_1220085362_n.jpg

385996_341766589171093_100000132651912_1581149_1599816895_n.jpg

hes still moving around deciding where he is gonna stay

vivid tri-color acro
hulk acans

maybe..
montipora, frogspawn, hammer, other SPS, or LPS

definitely stuff i can frag, so i can help pay for my addiction :D

Back