Newwww

No, i did a search and i came back with a couple pics on google...and he had 2 of them, and both of them where white...

anemone3.jpg

ClownInBubbleAnemone200511-777702.jpg

The anemone is still very little, still "hiding" behind one of the rocks...we'll see what happens!

Well, the anemone seems in good health so far. The bubbles seem to be coming out, it hasn't done anything weird or strange.
Now, i did read that you have to leave the alone for a week or so, which means no feeding, no moving them to another location, and such. Is that true?

No... I would try feeding it ASAP. And it will move around your tank on its own. If it doesn't like where you placed it, it will roam and when it's happy will settle down and stay put.

I agree with biff. they will move themselves where they are the happiest. moving them on you're own only risk tearing their foot if it's attached to a rock. that usually spells death for a anemone.

I will try to feed it some mysis shrimp or something tomorrow, we'll see how that goes, because the anemone is all the way in the back of the rock, kinda hard to get there.

they seem to stop moving after a week or so. if they keep moving, that means there is a problem and they tend to die

-Doc

It has been in the same spot since the first day, so i guess that's not that bad. I put it in a place, but a couple minutes after, it started moving until it found the spot where it's at now. I don't like the spot it chose though, because you can't really see it unless you play close attention, and i doubt the clowns will host it, which is the main reason why i got it.

you will be surprised where clowns will host. give them time. the nems will not follow directions very well tho. part of the problem with having them. You can try to turn the rock around where it has attached, but there is no guarantee it will stay put

-Doc

Well i'm not going to stress it, i have another anemone that i'm waiting till it grows a bit more to pick it up, it's a nice rose bubble tip, hopefully that one finds a nice location to set its foot and will make my tank stand out a bit more, plus help me host the clowns, since they are starting to piss me off, because they are either hosting the frogspawn or the hammer, and it's starting to stress them out.

Bluesi,If your anemone is white,You need to feed it regularly.If its white,its bleached.
Feed it decent sized portions untill its color comes back.

Ok, i will try to feed the anemone today. I only have mysis and cyclopeeze at the house, would that be fine?
Do i cover the anemone with the 2L bottle or do i just drop the mysis around his mouth?

Ok, i will try to feed the anemone today. I only have mysis and cyclopeeze at the house, would that be fine?
Do i cover the anemone with the 2L bottle or do i just drop the mysis around his mouth?

I only feed mine what the clowns feed him and he picks up on his own from the water column. If you want to target feed him. You want to put in a piece of krill every few days

-Doc

Well, the anemone is still too small and in a place that the clowns never roam around, so it's hard to let them feed the anemone. I tried spot feeding it, not sure if it was able to grab anything, but the lubbocks and the shrimp were all over the place waiting for the mysis, it was pretty funny but annoying at the same time. The anemone is also in a hard spot in the tank to feed, since i can't fit a bottle or anything there without the fish being able to get in. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

you can use a turkey baster or a syringe without a needle and suck up a mixture of tank water and mysis. squirt it into the nem or as close as possible. to increase the chance it will get food, feed the other fish at the opposite end of the tank as the nem and wait a few seconds before diving in to feed the nem

-Doc

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Koralia #4 should be here tomorrow, also doing a water change and wanna re-arrange the rock work, we'll see how that goes!!

I fed mine a chunk of shrimp tonite. it was pretty cool to watch him take it in and eat it. my clown managed to feed it a small piece or two of mysis the first night. now the stupid shrimp come and steal it before the nem gets it. I had to fight the little bast@rds off to keep them from stealing the chunk of shrimp too. i'm going to invest in a shrimp whacking stick. just for feeding my anemone.

Last edited:
Back