Newwww

That is a great looking wrasse.
Not to be nosey,But why dont you have Biff move this thread into the showcase forum?

Thanks guys, i love that wrasse too!! The Lubbock's is doing pretty well too, when i got him, he was in really bad shape, not sure if he was going to make it, but i was able to get him in the tank and after a couple days, he was eating and swimming well.

Yote, why should Biff move it to the showcase forum?

So i tested the water today, and this is what came out:

Kh: 10
Ca: 500ppm
Ph: 8.0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ammonia: 0

More pictures should be coming either tomorrow or Monday!

Not too sure about the clean-up crew, i guess it all depends what you're thinking on getting. I first added a damsel, nice and hardy fish, then added a clownfish. Had to get rid of the damsel because he was a pest to my clown. As far as cleanup crew goes, i think you might be able to add some hermit crabs, since they seem to be more hardier than other invertebrates. Snails will not tolerate bad water quality, same applies for shrimp. I would just get a few hermit crabs and see what happens. Keep testing your water and making sure that your parameters are in check. What did you use to cycle?

about 20lbs. of live rock and 60lbs. of live sand. the diatoms are getting worse by the day.

Thank you Biff!!
Now, back to topic..haha

A couple things that are bothering me a little now about the tank. First, there is no coralline growing on the glass, while most of the live rock i got from people is full of coralline. It hasn't died, so i'm guessing it's not too bad, but i don't see any growth on the glass.
Also, i have a lot of microbubbles that i can't seem to get rid of, what might be the problem?
The last thing is the mushroom. It seems that it tore from the base, not sure if that's a way that it spreads or if it's something more serious?

HAve you tested you calcium,magnesium,and alkalinity levels?
As long as those are right,you can take a tooth brush and scrub the coralline on the rock.That will get spores into the water and it should grow where ever it sticks.
Are you running a sump?If so,look close and see if you can figure out whats making the bubbles,then try to eleminate them from the return section.

Yote, I posted the test results in the page before this one, but Calcium was at 500ppm and Alkalinity was at 10, and i'm not dosing anything. I don't have a magnesium test kit yet, i have to pick that up soon.
To answer your other question, i do not have a sump. I really don't know how the bubbles are there, neither i know where they come from. I've tried almost everything, but all i know is that the powerheads just spread them (duh!).

Also, tomorrow i'm getting the following additions.

- Green Hammer Coral
- Fire and Ice Zoas
- Toadstool Mushroom Leather
- Bubble Tip Anemone

Will post pics once they make it in the tank. Since i've started, i've wanted to have a hammer, and i finally got the chance and came across an awesome deal, 3 heads for $30 and the toadstool is free. The zoas look great, about 15 polyps. And the bubble tip, well, i'm tired of my clowns hosting the frogspawn and stressing it, so i found them a new home, hopefully now they will host it.

Calcium at 500 with an alkalinity of 10 aint bad.I wish I could get my calcium to stay that high.
Try cutting your heater back about 2 degrees.Seems to me like coralline like cooler water.

you mentioned that you don't keep a sump? if you are running HOB filtration, it seems to make a difference if the water level in the tank is higher as opposed to lower. the more full the tank, the less bubbles for me

-Doc

New additions...new pics!

FTS

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

Hammer

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01737.jpg

Lubbock's

DSC01728.jpg

FIre and Ice Zoas

DSC01738.jpg