Our 50 gallon tank from the beginning

We will get him to the pet store so that he can recuperate and go to a happy home with lots of lighting. :D

Sorry to say it.But you might as well give the anemone a tequlia bath.By the time anemones start showing signs of stress,its to late.

Tequila? Vodka? Lol, you will have to explain... We have flushed fish, but I have not heard of using alcohol.

The anemone doesn't look "deadish" but it looks much less happy for about 2 days (more closed up). Our friend that works at the LFS is going to try and put it in his recovery tank at work. He said that it looks well enough that it should bounce back.

I am just jumping on moving it out early because I don't want to take any chances.

If you have a hard time removing it try putting ice on its foot. Its supposed to help get them to release.

The anemone is back at the pet store and opened back up. I think we got it in time! The moment it moved away from its normal spots to the front of the tank and was closing up we grabbed him.

My friend got him off (I don't know why, but I am squeemish about grabbing the anemone, my husband is allergic to it, so that left me or the friend).

No more for me unless we get better lights! I know now, and knowing is half the battle. :D

Interesting note on that anemone that we had. My friend said that at the fish store, under MH - the anemone still hangs out at the top of the tank (he is healthy and fine now). Although I did not have enough lighting, I may possibly just had a strange anemone...

Thanks. No new pics as I am not proud of the algae battle I am in the middle of at the moment. Black hairy icky stuff. We have had it before... just have to get rid of it again!

Sorry to hear about your anemone. Unfortunately a lot of people buy them without realizing what strong lights they need. Luckily you were able to catch it before it died and rotted in your tank.

We had an anemone die once. I'll never forget the day i finally took it out. I was using plastic tongs to take it out and it was falling apart on the way up. The second it broke the water surface, the entire house smelled like BLACK DEATH! :zombie: :faint:

Great looking tank, btw. Any updated pics?

small-saltwater-tank-12-8-08.jpg

Here is an updated picture. We have a few hard corals now - one is pink birds nest - the other I haven't a clue what it is called. :)

Back