Pest?Strange microscopic white flecks on aquarium glass; they move, what could it be?

Glandrau12

Reefing newb
:confused:I was looking at my 20 gallon aquarium and i saw that it had some almost microscopic flecks of white on the glass. at first i thought it was just the sand but then i realized that they are moving...what could they be? worms? could it be harmful? i would take a picture if i could but they just dont show up in the cam. i looked over my whole aquarium and all my fish are healthy, no diseases, no signs of stress. i dont understand. the white 'things' are mostly concentrated near the sand bed but there are a few flecks higher up the tank, almost all the way up to the water level. What should i do??? :(

Re: Pest?Strange microscopic white flecks on aquarium glass; they move, what could it

Sounds like its probably just pods.Think of em as free fish food and clean up crew.

Re: Pest?Strange microscopic white flecks on aquarium glass; they move, what could it

do you think should i dislodge some of 'em from the glass to float around the water for my feather duster to catch or just leave them alone?

Copepods.

You can if you like but I don't think it will make any difference.

I had em all over my tank when i first started my tank, they are fine. I just used the magnet cleaner to knock em off.

+1 everyone...they're good for the tank. :)

amphipods, I had them all over my tank when I first started, clownfish love them. He eats mine all of the time. It's kinda funny that was one of my very first questions on here when I joined. Anyway, you should be alright, good luck with the tank!

Back