Photo Class Homework

Being that it is a Holiday we probably should take it off. We want you to be 100%. :lol:
:mrgreen:

Oh, guys, I just figured Easter was off, I'm soooo sorry! I guess we should have made an official announcement. Get ready for class on Tuesday.

C

Tanked, nice job! Really nice job! That's an excellent first step. Now, see what you can do to bring out the color. Let's see the reds, and especially the purples and greens. Those are opposite of each other on the color wheel remember when we talked about color? If you take the colors opposite each other then you've got a great visual contrast which will help keep the viewer's eye interested. Nice use of "no horizon"! Great job!

C

Here's attempt #2

artsy-corals_edited-1.jpg

Photo Class Today, you should have received your invitations, if you haven't PM me ASAP.

Hope you enjoyed your spring break and get ready for class tonight. Please be sure you reloaded your flash driver if you were one of the ones having technical issues last time.

I got this link, I'm not sure it will work but if you are not in the class and you want to drop by to see what we're doing give it a try, class is at 8:00 central time: Photographic Exposure DSLR Online Teaching Class by Cade Miller

See you Tonight!
Catherine

Tanked, I'm going to do an edit of your shot just to show you the possibilities. I think yours is good! Sometimes you just need to get out of your box a bit.

C

I've been trying to launch the class for the past 20 minutes. Updated flash, java, and everything else. It just keeps stalling out at the "configuring application" step. What do I do?

Alrighty folks. Been practicing with my F-Stop adjustments. Per the assignment, I've taken 2 close shots and 2 far shots. Here they are

Close:

Fstop-Near-001.jpg

Fstop-Near-002.jpg

Far:

Fstop-Far-002.jpg

Fstop-Far-001.jpg

AG! NICE! You really got it! Love the shots, nice contrast and color. Good composition and you really got some nice textures in those flowers. Really nice shots.

C

OK, just got in from my recording session. I'm going to call class for tonight and ask you guys to do the aperture homework from last week tonight during class time.

Catherine

Want me to upload more? :D Been shooting lots of things, now that spring is FINALLY showing some COLOR!

AG, I always love to look at your shots and you're welcome anytime to add more! Are you still manual focusing and setting your own apertures? If you can, post the ISO, F-stop and Shutter Speed with your shots when you want critique.

C

Photo Class Announcement:

There WILL be class tonight! I will be sending the invitations just before class. If you have trouble getting into class for whatever reason, call me ASAP!

We need to finish this technical stuff and move on to the fun so everyone get ready for a full information packed class! Bring your camera and your instruction manual if you've got it. Tonight we will learn how to use your light meters so you might want to read that section of your owner's manual BEFORE class to help things run more smoothly.

Also: We NEED to schedule a make-up class on Elements for a few people (David and Yote?). Let's do it Wednesday at 8:00 central time, do you have a conflict? I'll invite everyone. We will be reviewing selection tools and uploading images.

Let's see those aperture shots

Have a great day!
C

Back