Photo Class Homework

Photo Class:

I've made a rough outline of our Elements Class. We've never really talked about how long we want the class to go so this is a suggestion. If we keep it once a week this outline will take 2-3 months. This is the barest outline I can make. This class could easily expand to take 6-8 months if we let it, there is a seriously lot of stuff Elements can do.

1. This Sunday: Tools and White balance
2. RAW and Tool Tips
3. Organizer and Output Printing and Web
4. Layers
5. Layers and Masks
6. Text/ Painting/ Bookmaking
7. Filters and Grayscale
8. Photomerge and Scanners
9. Putting it all together
10. Putting it all together 2

A very ambitious schedule! What do you think? I know some of you are using the 30 day trial version, if we keep to this schedule then you would have to purchase the program? Geez, this is already bare bones. Ack!

C

Last edited:
Here's a rough outline of the Exposure Class:

1. Tuesday: Finish the tour of the camera and White Balance: Eyes, hands.
2. Bracketing and RAW: Outdoor Portraiture
3. Focus: How to adjust your camera's focal points and dealing with "spot" focusing and multi focal points.
4. Focus: Depth of Field and Aperture: Nature
5. Focus: Movement and Shutter Speed: Moving things
6. Focus on Exposure: Mastering the Triangle: ISO, Aperture and Shutter: Diffused Light Portraits
7. Shooting your Tank, Problems with exposure, lighting, macro...: Tank
8. Lenses and Filters: Panorama, Water and High Key photography
9. HDR and Shift Styling: Landscapes and Architecture
10. Special Subjects...... Architecture, Landscape, Water, Children, this can go on indefinitely......

Thoughts?

Last edited:
My foot work. (haha, pun!) all from this Saturday at the coast.

The oceans' algae problem... where's the snails when you need em?
feet2_small.gif

And me standing on a cliff. It's a drop of about 15' down, and you'd land on some muscles which would be sharp and uncomfortable. Oh then a giant wave would come sweep you out to sea, or into a cave on the other end. My mom was yelling at me to get away from the edge the whole time I set up the shot. :D

feets1.gif

I believe this was the previous assignment....before and after editing? I hope that was right! *L*

Here is the BEFORE editing:

IMG_5925.jpg

Here is the AFTER editing:

sharksurprise-1.jpg

And here is my second set, with the BEFORE editing:

IMG_5883.jpg

And the AFTER editing:

UcanBaBigFish2.jpg

Photo class announcement:

Tonight's class will be very short. I have the flu (a gift from my daughter) and I have spent the last 2 days sleeping and drinking onion tea. Tonight we will critique Yote and Tanked's feet shots and discuss manual focus tips. We will also learn how to shoot in shutter speed priority. We will do white balance next week.

I have talked to the wiziq people and I think we have our technical issues worked out. If you got kicked out of class last week, please be sure your Adobe Flash Player is up to date and installed correctly. They suggested you visit their site Adobe Flash Player and download again even if it is working correctly with your other applications. I have upgraded my microphone to their suggested headset and learned how to better manage the settings so we should be able to hear and participate better. I want to reschedule Sunday's class especially for Yote, David and AG. I can do it Wednesday, Friday at 8:00 central or Sunday at 7:00 central. Please let me know which is best for you.

Finally, you should get the invitation for class today but it might be around 6:30 as I've got a rehearsal this afternoon, ugh.

Catherine

AG, nice job on editing! In the second shot you did an amazing job of taking the glare out of the shot and that really helps bring the focus right on the amazing looks on the children's faces. See if you can remove the hard flash line of the shadow created by the fish against the blue. There are several techniques you could try. Also, using some of the selection techniques we learned Sunday, create a mask of the children's faces and try adding a photo filter, a warming filter, to their faces. I think it will help take away the distortion you've got from shooting them through the glass and water. If you need help with this, come to the make-up class and we'll work on it together.

NIce shots,
c

I won't be able to attend this evening :( because of a work situation. Since you are sick maybe we should postpone the class? :) As for the make up class (from Sunday) the earlier Sunday time would work best for me.

Thanks for the healing thoughts!

Woke up today feeling a bit better! Do you want a week off or do you want to make-up last night's class?

C

Back