Pony update....

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
OK, I've got the vitamin supplement, the brine shrimp hatcher and frozen shrimp of every kind. I also got some garlic oil stuff that is AMAZING! Whoever suggested that, you are awesome! Thanks! The bigger of the two ponies has taken to eating very well. I can feed him with a turkey baster and I'm getting him trained where I make a little pile on a scooped out rock with the turkey baster of the frozen stuff and he will eat it like a dog from a dish. He's learned that when the baster comes in, it's eating time and he goes to his favorite leather coral and waits to be fed. The littler horse just won't take anything and today, I can't find her anywhere. I'm really psyched about Pegasus' eating and I'm so worried about Calypso. The good news, I guess, I can't find a corpse anywhere. Wish us luck!

Catherine

I found Calypso! She was laying limp at the bottom of a tangled mass of seaweed. I managed to get her free but she was totally unresponsive. Just as I was going to reach in and pull her out she wiggled a bit. Now she is with Pegasus on the leather coral. I tried to feed her but she is not willing to eat at all. Pegasus swims toward the turkey baster and Calypso avoids it. She is looking around like she's fishing so I'm hoping she will make it. Hopefully, Pegasus will "show" her what to do. I sure have learned a lot about feeding seahorses!

Catherine

Marine animals are a lot like like us.Some calm down and take to like in a tank fairly quick and easy while others take some time.
Happy to hear ones eating good.Maybe it wont be long before the other one comes around.

Back