Powerhead?

They are good circulation pumps for the money.One model 2 should be enough for soft and LPS corals.I myself would prefer two,for a more random flow.

I'd got a couple of the #4s myself.But you might want a couple of the #3s.
I got 4 of the #4s and a couple of the 3s in my 75,along 3 of the maxi-jet eco mods.

I have a #3 and my maxi 1200 puts out more flow. I just cut down the snout of the Maxi and I can get close to the same widespread flow as the Koralia. I think Koralia's are oversized and underpowered. I would rather mod my maxi than buy another koralia. However, I haven't seen a #4 and am curious to see what kind of flow it puts out vs. a maxi-mod.

Last edited:
Salty actually your maxi1200 is only putting our 297 gph vs the K3s 850 it is just in a more concentrated stream.

I have (1) Koralia #1 in my 30g.
I have it on the right side back of the tank facing the opposite tank wall. This creates pretty good blowback. The Koralia #1 is pretty good for this size tank, but the #2 would be a bit better. The only problem with the #2 is the size in the DT, the #1 is a bit smaller in overall length.

I have two Koralias, a #2 and a #3 and love them. They don't put out a strong stream but rather a strong wide flow. I probably won't purchase anything but Koralia, although I would have preferred to drill the tank.

Salty actually your maxi1200 is only putting our 297 gph vs the K3s 850 it is just in a more concentrated stream.

Yes, I understand that. This is the reason why I cut down the snout on my maxi, it produces a more concentrated flow that I feel is more strong than the oversized koralia. It works for me in my 55 gallon, the koralia looks like crap in my tank. Too big for a small tank. The maxi provides excellent flow and does not look like shit in my tank. I got a drilled tank so I didn't have to see equipment in my main display. The maxi is more slim and provides just as good as flow. Again, it works for me.

Last edited:
Not cutting down your choice at all! I havent seen an attractive powerhead yet. If you ever find your flow lacking look into some of the Maxi mods you can bump that flow up to 1600 or 2200 gph depending on the mod you select.

Back