Proper feeding

Jimbo662

Reefing newb
I've got a 28g biocube with 2 clowns, a dzn hermits, 5 of the snails that burrow in the sane and have tube that stick up, 3 peppermints and 3 emerald crabs. I've been feeding once a day and feed about 1/4 of the frozen cube. On another thread someone suggested the hermits may be either eating my polyps or scavenging around them and pulling them loose from the rocks. What's the proper amount that I should be feeding? I usually leave the pumps off for about 20 min or so to make sure they have enough time to find anything laying on the sand.

5 of the snails that burrow in the sane and have tube that stick up

Those are nassarius snails...those suckers can MOVE :D

1/4 sounds good....if the fish are eating them all you should be ok. Don't worry about the crabs/snails...they'll find the food. My crabs come and go. I used to count them when I first started lol Gave that up after a month. They could irritate the corals, but not sure how to stop that. I know once in a while they pick the rock around my mushrooms, and they shrivel up, but always come back out.

IME that's alot of inverts for a 28 gal. I lost alot of mine b/c of underfeeding. If I was you, I would stay with the 1/4 cube, but also drop a few sinking pellets in the tank every other day. Are you feeding mysis or brine?

Back