Purple tang in 33 gallon (lots of rock) for 2 days ok?

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
Title pretty much says it all....

But to give you a recap...

I am awaiting my new 130 gallon. I have a 58 gallon that I have borrowed until it arrives. I am moving all my contents of my 33 setup into the 68 gallon. Problem is...I had to put in new sand in the 68 and it caused a MASSIVE sand storm.

Soooo I can put him in my existing fully loaded 33 or.....put him in a 68 gallon that has had a sand storm going for 2 days with no end in sight... (still crazy cloudy..cannot see through it)

What should I do..... :shock:

He is currently in a bucket......so time is critical!

NP,my QT is a 30,and i QT every fish....My purple was only in for about a week though...i just felt bad for him,given he pushing 6 -7 inches ,it just didn't seem fair...but i think you'll be more than fine..I overlooked the fact it was fully stocked...oops...i still think it will be ok for 2 days

Last edited:
This guy is about 4.5" my only concern is that my tank has a lot of corals and a lot of rock... but it also is a fully mature setup...so that risk is taken away at least... dripping him now.

I think the first day he's in he'll probably just chill out in a corner(mine did),i'd leave the lights off too...hope it all works out and congrats on picking up one of the best fish out there.IMO:Cheers:

It sucks that I had to get him today.... The tank he was coming from was being torn down forever today...and all the fish were either picked up today or sold to the lfs.

The price I got him for still blows my mind.... $50 :)

It sucks that I had to get him today.... The tank he was coming from was being torn down forever today...and all the fish were either picked up today or sold to the lfs.

The price I got him for still blows my mind.... $50 :)
That is a great price!!..I actually paid the same ,but it was because my awesome LFS was going out of buisness and had to sell everything...i would have prefeared a smaller one too,but he fits in nicely now

Here he is.... hopefully he will eat all the algae he can :)

I must say I am impressed that he has colored up pretty quick too...

IMG_6182_web-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks... And to make it even better he is eating nuisance algae!!!!

He started on the green and this morning he nibbled on the red bubble!!!! Woo hoo!!!

congratulations! i love the purple tang, ive always wanted to put a small one in my tank, but 60g is too small, think i could put a yellow tang in a 2x2x2 cube? haha

HAhaha as tempting as it is, tang police should be all over me right now with my thoughts.

Come on, i need to upgrade already XD except cant get the rents to agree Grrr, time to be extra good and make them say yes...

Back