Purple tang in 33 gallon (lots of rock) for 2 days ok?

Congrats,she is very thin.I would feed her more then the usual for a little while.

The tank she came from I could imagine she was always the one who ate last... it had a ton of huge fish she was one of the smallest for sure.

I noticed that she was thin too...no worries...I'll fatten her up :)

On that note... how much should one tang typically eat...

Tonight he ate 4 large pellets and nibbled on some noorie (seaweed),

Is that enough?

Yeah she is skinny,personally i feed 3x a day everyday..i would bump her up to at least that,and give her something meaty(shrimp,scallops,krill) tangs need some meat too...
here is my beauty,i just like to show her off:wink:
4921811401_c35c2086a0_z.jpg

Yeah she is skinny,personally i feed 3x a day everyday..i would bump her up to at least that,and give her something meaty(shrimp,scallops,krill) tangs need some meat too...
here is my beauty,i just like to show her off:wink:
4921811401_c35c2086a0_z.jpg

Hey no making my new fish look bad :)

How much (lets talk pellets) would you typically expect your tang to take each meal>?

Yeah i know i felt alittle bad posting a pic(well,not really:lol:),wish i could tell you about pellets,but i don't use them...sorry.....but i usually put a 3x3 sheet of nori a day and she and the angel split that..i also give em shrimp or scallops or something depending on what day it is...i have everything on a rotation..she also gets either broccoli, zucchini,sprouts,or spinach,again its all on a rotation

On that note... how much should one tang typically eat...

Tonight he ate 4 large pellets and nibbled on some noorie (seaweed),

Is that enough?

I'm not sure how much a tang typically eats but mine eats alot,very aggressive eater.It seems like enough but I never used pellets.I feed mine typically once Rod's Food and I tie some green or brown seaweed sheets to a veggie clip once a day.She also gets some of the mysis intended for my anthias which I feed twice a day.Well hell,she even gets some from the corals when I target feed.I guess I'm trying to say she is a fat pig.I say for now,one feeding of meaty foods and one feeding of seaweed until she gains some weight.At least until you can't see her spine anymore.

Back