Putter's first tank

nice corals. I agree with reeffreak. It does look like a hydnophora. If so, don't let it touch any other corals. they are highly aggressive.

People here like to keep their fish anorexic.I feed 3-4 cubes per day for 18 fish,three times a day.One cube a day sounds about right for your fish stock.

Thanks Dominick, that's about what I came up with, figured if Biff was feeding 8 then that worked out to .25 of a cube per fish. To me that seems light still, those cubes are small LOL! The fox face is still putting the run on the CB but I think it may be a food issue, so I started feeding more nori strips for the FF, will see if he lets the little guy come out to eat now.

How long should it take before the acro's start to open? They look exactly the same as the night I put them in the tank 4 days ago. No color fade or bleaching of any kind that I can see on the corals at all, will be testing the water tomorrow, I hope that's not the cause of them staying closed.

I see what looks like little bristles on the ends of one of the acro's but the others have nothing at all...but they are not looking any worse than the night I stuck em in there...not real sure on what these things should look like when they open fully.

Mostly acros, but the pink one looks like stylophora. The top LPS is a torch coral, and the next one is frogspawn.

I would have to disagree It looks like the second frogspawn pic is actually a Hammer. Frog spawns have a Round ball that one has a hammer shape to it..

Looking good

Wow after reading most of it, I came up with the conclusion that I do not feed my fishes alot, I just look at there bellies, they look pretty full to me I feed them once maybe twice a day everyother day. Any ways great looking tank and the project is looking great. A lot of help is being given , I like that.

No way I would have done it with out the support of this forum!!! Thanks to every one that has given support and advice...some day I hope to have the confidence to in turn lend support to other new comers to the hobby. Thanks as well for the compliment on the tank. If that is all that the sps coral does...then maybe I will stick to softies and lps. Shrug, had to give them a shot at least, but they seem to be a rather dull coral...no waving...no...no...hmmm just a colored lump to look at.....hmmm. <shrugs again>

Guess I can order the shrimp then, been up for 3 months and only lost one coral, and I'm not sure why, will test again before the order to make sure water is stable. On another subject, I know we are not to clean the skimmer as it will create another break in period, but should one be cleaning the cup each time we empty it, and just how much skim mate should a skimmer put out?

Last edited:
Back