Putter's first tank

Popeye is eating mysis with no problem, will increase the feeding times, thinking every day now if all 3 are going to eat the stuff, also going to get some garlic extract from the store today and soak tomorrows feed in it, this won't be bad for the clowns I assume?

Well it looks like the popeye is deflating now, is good to see the fox face looking almost normal. Ordered 2 more fish, royal gramma and a coral beauty, also ordered 10 more snails 2 more emerald crabs and a few buffering items. Oh also ordered a frag pack, 5 frags. not sure if I like the looks of them but will see with some time.

well I have made up my mind, sorta, kinda.....my last fish will be a tang, this much I know, just not sure which tang it will be, I am torn between these, a purple tang, a powder brown, yellow belly hippo or sohol tang. Which one would you pick???

Yes I know that puts me a tad over the total inches of fish I should keep, but if I keep up on the water changes it should be ok right?

In your system,I would go either the Purple or Powder Brown because both stay under 10''.For hardiest then the Purple Tang gets the nod.Powders can be Ich prone so beware.

I was kinda liking the purple tang as well. So that will be my last fish, unless of course the system seems like it will handle more.

pic inc soon i hope

IMG_0015-4.jpg

is it ich???

Last edited:
if it is, should I leave him in the DT or QT him, also just heading to pick up the coral beauty, should I add him to the DT or......ahahhhhhhhhhhhh what to do lol i want to add the CB to the main tank thinking the QT will just stress him, also thinking the rabbit fish can work threw the ich if thats what it is....been feeding garlic soaked mysis to him and the clowns....they are all eating fine....am I ok with this line of thinking....thanks for the advice

I'm not sure if its Ich or something else.I do think you should leave the Coral Beauty where it is now until you get the Magnificent healthy.No need to get a second fish infected.If you did bring home the Coral Beauty,who knows how long it will have to stay in QT.

the coral beauty was on order and flown in today, if the foxface had shown signs earlier i would have stopped the order, as it is the corals, crabs, snails and the CB ened up in the DT. If the foxface has ich, which I think he does, I will feed garlic soaked food and pray that the others don't get the ich. On a side note...sps corals are weird....one I recieved has actualy sprouted little tenticales....not sure what it is...will research more tomorrow....the frogspawn long and short tenticales look sweet...will have to take a look at how the sps are doing tomorrow when the lights come on...may have to move them around some.

SPS should be covered in little tentacles when they open up, kinda like hair. Pos some pics of your new corals and we can help identify them. Congrats on the new stuff, putter.

Thanks Biffer, will post some pics as soon as I can, need to wait for the lights and then re-arrange some of the corals, I see that a couple didn't like the perch I put them on and have fallen over or to the bottom of the tank. The CB sure has some nice color to it, I really hope it behaves itself LOL.

Well the spots I thought were ich are gone today :bounce:and other than the fox face putting the run on the CB a few times....well ok a few more than a few...things seem to be ok. Here are some pics.

0082.jpg

No idea what this coral is but it has not opened up yet at all.
0079.jpg

This one...acrop....something...(shrugs) would have to look up the spelling, I assume this is the way it looks all the time?
0080.jpg

Not sure what it's called but it has opened up nice.
0086.jpg

Frogspawn?
0077.jpg

Another form of frogspawn?
0089.jpg

And these last few I have no idea but none have opened up at all yet.
0087.jpg

0085.jpg

0090.jpg

Back