Putter's first tank

Oh I will indeed, not sure if these guys realize it but the power of the forums is real....a bad review here is like cutting your throat. From what I have read about PFO so far they do have excelent customer support and they do stand behind thier product 100%, which is what swayed me to purchase, anything new on the market will have defects and some issues...but if the manufacture stands behind the product then all is well. Time will tell if I have made a huge mistake!

You wouldn't believe how many times people have been waiting, waiting, waiting on new lights and then they come...broken. Myself included.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully you can get it resolved soon!

that is truely disgusting and heartbreaking to wait a long time on something that you really, really want. only to have it show up broken or wrong....or be on a six week backorder.

I got in touch with both PFO and J&L and they have a new power supply on its way to me now, should be here by Monday.

I pretty much heard the same thing you're going through.The fixture is still having quality issues but their CS is very good.I hope it works out for you.For me,I still think they need another year or two to perfect the technology.

Have you heard anything good or bad on the AquaI LED fixture?I see Reefgeek.com is now selling the fixture.

Actualy I have heard very little about the aquailumination brand, that's kind of why I went with solaris. I heard that the I4 series was supposed to have a 48 hr burn in period now to ensure QC was met, but I am guessing that this is not so being as there seems to be issues out of the box still. They will get it eventualy, I just could not see spending money on T5's and then again on the LED system a year or 2 down the road, will just have to put up with the bumps along the way I guess. Last night I was just a little pissed that it didn't work out of the box!

comming right up!
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

both those are with all lights @100% I have not played alot with the settings yet, the sunrise feature was kinda cool to watch this morning, slowly but surely until they were at full power.

here is a couple of the grand opening.
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Biff, got a question, is that skimmer cup always going to stink that bad when I go to empty it, or is it only real bad now because of the live rock curing and such?

Ok tested yesterday and today:

Yesterday:
temp 80.1
Ph 8.0
salinity .023
ammonia .25
Nitrites .1
nitrates 10
Calc 430
Alk 10
phos .03

Today
temp 81.9
ammonia <.25
Nitrites .05
salinity .023

is it possible that the tank is almost done its cycle already? Smell has dropped off, skimmer seems to have slowed production of ....yuck! The shrimp I tossed in there is well on it's way to be totaly decomposed. I know it has only been up for 6 days, not sure what I should be looking for or if it would be possible for it to cycle that fast, most likely I am doing the tests wrong.

Last edited:
Back