3-Blue Reef Chromis
2-Ocellaris Clowns
2-Red Mandarin
1-Scooter Blennie
1-Cleaner Wrasse
2-Three Stripe Damsels
2-Scarlet Skunk Shrimp
1-Ultra Blue Maxima Clam

I was thinking of a foxface but idk if that would be to much bioload or if it would be happy in a setup this size. let me know what yall think or if i should add or take somthing off :P

Tank looks good so far! I dunno about your stocking, IMO it sounds like you'd be overstocked to me. The cleaner wrasse most likely make it in your tank, they don't do well in captivity. And the damsels will probably end up terrorizing your tank when they get older.

You will be overstocked. Think 1 fish per 10 gallons. That's the limit. So for you, 5 or 6 fish, maybe 7 if they are not aggressive.

Skip the three stripe damsels. They are very aggressive and will probably kill each other, and other fish.

Good luck getting two mandarins to get along. It has happened, but it's rare. Usually they will fight to the death.

Like BL1 said, skip the cleaner wrasse -- they rarely live longer than a couple months in captivity because they are obligate feeders on fish parasites. Once they run out of parasites to eat (or if your fish don't have parasites to begin with), they die. Instead, get a cleaner goby. They look very similar and the gobies do much better in our tanks.

I would definitely skip the foxface in a tank that small.

so you think this list is more what i wana go for? Also what do yall think of the cleanup crew.
1-Flame Angel
3-Blue Reef Chromis
2-Ocellaris Clowns
1-Red Mandarin
2-Scarlet Skunk Shrimp
1-Ultra Blue Maxima Clam

That list looks better, the cuc looks good, I'm not personally a fan of turbos and astreas, they can be clumsy and knock things over.

I'm the opposite of BL1 -- I love my turbos and astraeas! I think your CUC choices are good. I would add a starfish or two -- brittle and serpent stars are cheap and easy to find, but fromia stars are much prettier.

I just bought two more turbos today. They are great and i learned the hard way to glue my stuff in place. Good advice PRC

alright so i came home and my girlfriend already put the cleanup crew i ordered in the tank. ok thats cool i look into the tank and see a swarm of hermit crabs on my rock and i think to myself hum thats not 3 so everything else i ordered was there but instead of 15 Nassarius Snails i ordered from live aquaria the sent 15 extra hermits. so i called them up and there shiping me 15 Nassarius Snails for free lol.
hermit2.jpg

Last edited:
aright so f my ato lol i didt elavate the pump line or put a check valve on the ato line, long story short half the sump water was on my carpet befor i figured out it was back siphioning :frustrat: fun thing to see! ill have to test water later o well

17.jpg

16.jpg

the random grows looking good +it glows at night :P
15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

18.jpg

not sure what this last one is guy gave it to me for free, not sure its dooing that great tho back side near base is starting to turn white n black

All those corals look great! The last one is some sort of SPS -- probably not doing too well because your tank is new. They do better in established tanks that have stable water quality.

Looks great Pwny.
Keep a close eye on that Kenya.They can take a tank over real quick when they star dropping branches.

will do yote i just couldent pass it up for $10 bucks i havent seen one with as much color as it has. you can kinda see the frogswan its closed up a lil from when i put meds in my tank (misstake but glad i only did half doses to see how stuff reacted) but its starting to come back just needs time i think. my duster lost its plumes when i did that but they have grom back 2/3. i have some mushrooms in the tank that i got as frags that havent really kicked off i have then near bottom of the tank in a bright spot with med flow think i should move em somewhere shady? still fighting some red slime alge tho ><. ty for the nice comments tho

Back