Question regarding E BAY...

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
I am going to order my RO unit from the same person as Biff, but I also wanted to ask if there are any refractometers that anyone would suggest on ebay... I am kinda unsure about ordering stuff that is really important off of a site that you can get screwed from... Where is the best place to buy a TDS meter from?

I got my TDS meter from Ebay too. I think it was $15 or $20. I double checked its accuracy at the lab I work in, and it works fine.

Premium Aquatics and Dr. Fosters both have refractometers for $50.Spend a little extra than what you would get from Ebay so you can have peace of mine.

Biff, honestly, why do you think the RO unit you got is sooooo much cheaper than every other RO unit out there?

probaly because they are not a name brand that spends millions of dollars on advertising. and don't have to recoupe that money with their prices.

I used to shop on ebay a lot, you could find some good stuff out there, but the cost of the good deal was often not worth it in the long run. When you buy any car parts, or even aquarium stuff, its nice to have a warranty, a real live company that will back their product if it kills someone (or your fish). On ebay the stuff might work, but not as well in most of my experiences, unless its something being sold on ebay used made by a real company for less than a new one would be. Otherwise ebay brands tend to be very iffy... I bought some stereo stuff on ebay, got an in dash DVD head unit DOA, took me almost a year to get anything worked out, ended up with 2 broken DVD units, sold one on eaby as "PARTS ONLY" for half my money, and returned the other to bestbuy in the box for another one... kekek sneaky me.
Its like Chinese toys, I'm sure you can get some REALLY cheap on ebay right now... but do you have any idea how much lead is in that paint your kids going to chew on? Id pay the extra money and get it made in america. But if Biff and you found something that really works and isnt going to blow up or anything, all the power to ya.

Last edited:
Back