Recipe for DISASTER!!

ReeferRob

Reefing newb
I'm sitting here in utter shock after reading this Craigslist:

TO all of the new reefers, this is how you DON'T do it!!!

Emergency! Need a temporary home for my saltwater livestock.

I'm in a bit of a jam; I ordered a brand new reef aquarium...live sand, live rock, live supplemental bacteria so that I could introduce coral and livestock immediately...trouble is, the livestock has shipped quicker than the aquarium/live rock/live sand. It will be here in the morning - Friday morning. So I'm looking for someone to keep my livestock until I get my tank up and cycled. Willing to pay a competitive fee for the care. Will need care from tomorrow through Wednesday. The livestock that will arrive tomorrow are:

Ritteri Anemone (Sri Lanka) - Medium
Cauliflower Colt Coral - Medium (Indonesia)
Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral, Green- Med.
Yellow Fiji Leather Coral - Medium
Long Tentacle Anemone, Purple - Small
Blue Tang (Indonesia) - Small/Medium
Sleeper Gold Head Goby (Fiji) - Small
Tree Coral, Assorted (Fiji) - Medium
Cave Transparent Goby (Maldives) - Small
Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred (Africa) - Medium

Thats not even funny ! And the fact he is willing to pay for care for what sounds like a week or less is ridiculous. What the hell ! Wish we could all cycle in under a week. I actually dont feel sorry for him at all, but the livestock he has ordered.

The most of the corals, ritteri and fish are dead for sure, the ONLY thing that might stand a snowball's chance in hell is the toadstool.

The ad disappeared so I guess he either found someone to hold his stuff or refused it. I was gonna email him and offer him $100 for what he had just to save it.

Back