Red sea max 250

They are really nice, there is a Red Sea Max club on one of the big forums. All in all I dont think the price is terrible for a plug and play system. I personally dont like all of the black plastic trim but thats the only thing I dont see thats nice with them. I will say that I have not read any reviews of them either.

the total system volume is 65 gallons but if you go all the way down the article to the table it says that the aquarium volume is 29 gallons

Don't get me wrong,I like to have one.$1600-1700 is kinda hard to swallow for 65g.

i agree with reeffreak.. cool setup though no doubt about it.but i just bought a 90 gallon with stand 88lbs of sand and (2) 250 Mh with 20k bulbs and galaxy ballast. new at my lfs for 1,300.00

Last edited:
I am really picky. Every little detail has to look nice and perfect with style. True, you can buy a tank for cheaper, but it is not going to look nice. If i am going to buy a tank for the living room, I want it to look stylish. I was thinking about piecing a tank together, but the tank and the cherry wood stand with canopy would cost $1350. This is the best deal I found because it looks good and includes decent equipment.

Hi there. There is a simple error on the MD site, and the volume should ready 60gallons + 5gallons for the filter, giving 65gall overall.
Check out the new Max 250 video on Red Sea's dedicated Max website: www.redseamax.com. Here you will also find all the spec.

Did you ever buy this? I saw it finally released last month and have been looking at one.

I bought a BioCube 29g and it's been great - it was simple to setup and it's nice to have all the primary components included in one system that doesn't have seems or creases on the front-end; now that has me looking at upgrading.

Aside from the tank - are 65g tanks easier or more difficult to maintain? Are their livestock recommendations for a reeftank of that size (e.g. how many fish/inchesof fish, CUC members, inverts, etc.)?

The more water volume you have, the more stable the tank will be. This is an added benefit to sumps, as it increases the water volume on top of the other benefits.

So a 65g will be more stable than your 29g.
You will still have a limit to what fish you can put in it. For instance it's still on the small side for tangs.

Back