Reef Octopus Cone Skimmer

Thats what I thought. I think the whole trick to not totally screwing up a reef tank is a billion questions. I called the local distributor for the marcorock today and I think i saved another couple hundred. Going to do the sump this week or next likely to make it all seem more real

I want an in-sump skimmer right?

Last edited:
To answer your other question.No air pump is needed.Most skimmers use venturi/injectors to draw in air.Then chop up the bubbles til they are micro in size.The smaller the bubbles the more contant time in the chamber before it rises to the top.The more contant time the more protein it pulls from the water.

To save space then go with an in-sump skimmer.Most of us don't have the space inside a cabinet for an external.If the skimmer is going behind a wall then an external skimmer would be an option.

I think that there should be a warranty on the pump. I think Reef Octopus has a 12 month warranty. I would check into it. Alot cheaper than buying a new pump.

I think that there should be a warranty on the pump. I think Reef Octopus has a 12 month warranty. I would check into it. Alot cheaper than buying a new pump.

I agree but.....
When I bought it, it was not in the box and I didn't get a receipt or paperwork because I knew the LFS owner and he said if there was a problem to bring it back to him and he would take care of it. My luck, the LFS now has new ownership. I my contact him anyway. I do have the charge slip, but it's not itemized. :frustrat:

Moral of the story. Get the paperwork and don't listen to LFS owners. :grumble:

You have bad luck with pumps, David. The pump on my Octopus skimmer has been going strong for 4+ years now. :mrgreen:

Did you try soaking it in a bucket of vinegar water and cleaning it thoroughly with a stiff-bristled brush?

You have bad luck with pumps, David. The pump on my Octopus skimmer has been going strong for 4+ years now. :mrgreen:

Did you try soaking it in a bucket of vinegar water and cleaning it thoroughly with a stiff-bristled brush?

Biff I do have bad luck with pumps, you don't have to tell me that twice!
Oh and I cleaned the he'll out of it and it still won't run. :(

Thanks Dominick. I have found one for $195. Damn this is an expensive hobby.

Back