Reef Octupus & Proflex 3

warpedghost

Reefing newb
Sorry if this has been answered already, I just can't find the thread.
Does anyone have the Proflex Model 3 with the Reef Octopus 6"? The Proflex's 3rd chamber has the dimensions of 8.5 x 13.75 while the Reef Octupus 6" has the dimensions of 8.5 x 12. Technically that should fit, however the dimensions of the Proflex could be the outside dimensions which would make the Reef Octopus 6" slightly too small.

Are you saying the length and or width of the Model 3 won't fit under the stand? It's only 25 inches long. The stand is longer than that.
I was going to put the Refugium in the middle with the skimmer in the last compartment.

I guess I would actually have to empty the tank. Pull the stand out. Put the Proflex in. Push the stand back into place and then refill the tank. My tank is empty so it's not a problem now but I guess if I ever needed to change out the Sump it wouldn't be feasible.

You may have to pull that back brace out too to get it to fit. When i pulled that #2 model out, for the life of me, couldnt remember how i got it in there. It is really decieving how little room you actually have under those bow front stands. I ran my new sump into my basement to have all the room i wanted. I used a eshoops hob skimmer to fit in my proflex #2 and had just enough room to get my hands in there. Keep in mind you need to have room for plumbing too.

Back