reef related injuries, and emergency contacts

I stabbed myself with a birdsnest coral over a year ago, the spot still hasnt healed properly and I suspect that it probably never will. It has almost like a bubble or a seed in it that gets sore, I dig it out it heals over, wash rinse repeat. Thats my worst injury so far.

As a side note. I got my full length gloves from Marine Depot. It's going to take some getting use to, to using them. It reminds me of those gloves a vet uses when he sticks his arm up into a cow's or horse's.....
Does anyone use these?
https://www.marinedepot.com/maintenance_gloves-ap.html

I have had a pair for years. They are great, except when you do get some water down into them, they turn gross and stinky. And they are very hard to clean once they get water in them.

When ever the wife takes the kids to the doctor,I have her swipe me a couple pair of those rubber gloves they use(new of course).Then I'll put rubberbands around my wrists to help keep water out.
Being a sheetmetal worker,my hands are always cut up pretty good any way.And after thinking about it some,there really not a whole lot thats known about some of the chemicals and stuff that corals produce.Plus I cant afford to kick the bucket yet,got too many bills to pay and cant be outta work that long.

i went to the store and bought a box of rubber gloves for 6 bucks and just like yote use some rubberbands at the wrist.

how do you think i feel i work in a brass and copper mill and stick my hands in the tank after work.(COPPER YIKES)

how do you think i feel i work in a brass and copper mill and stick my hands in the tank after work.(COPPER YIKES)

I've worried about that myself D.Especially when I got a bunch of copper gutters to build.
Guess thats what got me in the habit of not messing with my tank untill after I've had a shower.
And I'm sure you end up with quiet a bit of copper shavings on your clothes.Not good for a reef.

we wear coveralls at work and shower at work. Luckily i'm at work for 8 hours i get paid for lunch and paid for shower and only work 7 hours. I'm a machinist in maintenance but mostly do millwright work doing mechanical repairs in mill. Now we have to cross crafts and there sending me to school to be pipefitter, welder, machinist, and mechanic, maintenance tech is what they call me now or jack of all trades and master at none.

Back