RIJohn s 90 Gallon

New LED fixture is in and set up with plenty of shots of the lighting:bounce::bounce::bounce:

NewLEDTankShots001.jpg

Dont Mind the wood bar I needed to add a spacer because I put a spacer in my stand, I will be staining it to match the stand.

NewLEDTankShots002.jpg

NewLEDTankShots003.jpg

NewLEDTankShots004.jpg

NewLEDTankShots005.jpg

These above are the day shots

NewLEDTankShots006.jpg

NewLEDTankShots007.jpg

NewLEDTankShots008.jpg

NewLEDTankShots009.jpg

The above photos are under my actinic lighting

NewLEDTankShots010.jpg

NewLEDTankShots011.jpg

The above photos are from night lighting.

:Cheers:

The lights look awesome!How much were the two modules?

Hey Reeffreak, thanks about the lights, I grabbed them from Marinedepot.com each module was $599each for wall mount, I was able to use the tank mount due to a modification to my stand. There is a larger version for $649. I went with the smaller ones due to space over the tank. The larger ones would be tight and lose light on the brace of my tank. I used the extra money to grab some stunners to customize night to day lighting.

Using two 403nm stunners for night transition to 4 453nm stunners transitioned to day and then back down to the night. Makes the entire tank glow..

Hey Reeffreak, thanks about the lights, I grabbed them from Marinedepot.com each module was $599each for wall mount, I was able to use the tank mount due to a modification to my stand. There is a larger version for $649. I went with the smaller ones due to space over the tank. The larger ones would be tight and lose light on the brace of my tank. I used the extra money to grab some stunners to customize night to day lighting.

Using two 403nm stunners for night transition to 4 453nm stunners transitioned to day and then back down to the night. Makes the entire tank glow..

How are you managing the 'transitions'? Each stunner strip has its own power module - are you using individual timers for the effect?

I looked at these as well, but ended up going with the AI and Pacific Sun because they both had individual controllers that were able to control full night/day effects.

The problem I found with these lights was the issue of no control over the modules - so you basically get 100% brightness from the moment you plug them in...

How are you managing the 'transitions'? Each stunner strip has its own power module - are you using individual timers for the effect?

I looked at these as well, but ended up going with the AI and Pacific Sun because they both had individual controllers that were able to control full night/day effects.

The problem I found with these lights was the issue of no control over the modules - so you basically get 100% brightness from the moment you plug them in...

I looked into the AI system and Pacific Suns great systems, offer tremendous control with a controller but price was out there. So I decided to try out these ones, upgrades take about two minutes, I can swap out modules to change lighting colors.

As for the transitions, 6 stunners can be run on one power source. When purchasing the unit they include a nice long three wire splitter so you can run up to three fixtures without insane amount of wires. So my night strips are on one plug, actinics are on another, and the fixtures are on another set. So night lights are on, then actinics come on for an hour, then fixtures turn on/nights go off. Then days off/nights on, actinic offs night only. Using one power center with dual timers built into it, works great.

Hope this answered your question.

Back