RIP Jill

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I posted this in another thread. Today I got word that my beloved Jill had jumped to her death in the middle of the night.

She was a huge (16") female vlamingi. She must've made quite a sound when she hit the concrete.

I had Jill for a year when I had to make the difficult decision to find a new home for her since she had outgrown my tank. It was a tough choice to make, but I could see that she wasn't happy in my tank anymore. I gave her to my LFS who promised me she'd live happily ever after in their giant shark pond. She lived in their shark pond with a fellow giant vlamingi for several months before she decided that she just couldn't take it anymore.

Apparently, she missed my other fish too much. Her longing for Tangent the trigger, Clowny and Alexander the tomato clowns, Doc the coral beauty, Yote the kole tang, Reeffreak the sixline, Mandy and Erin the mandarins, Tangy the yellow tang, Lunch the sailfin tang, Peanut and Jelly the PJ cardinals, Rainbow the blue damsel, Boo Boo the leopard wrasse and many other fish that I can't remember right now (sorry) was just too much for her to bear.

RIP Jill. You will always be my favorite vlamingi ever.

That sucks Biff, Just when we thought that Jill found a home that she could live a long full happy life...she meets an untimely end.

Biff, im really sorry to hear this. that is really sad. And i have not told Jack yet. I did not want him to sleep poorly tonight. Its really weird because Vlamingis dont jump..... they are not known to jump. hell they are huge! wow something must have freaked her out. I know more than anyone here how personable an adult vlamingi can be. and It really sucks that you found that out today. Im sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. She will be remembered fondly! Rob said that he had quite a few fish jump right after the move, including a huge lionfish they'd had in their display for years. He said he didn't know if there was something weird that happened in the middle of the night in the new building, or what it was.

I think Rob should have just told you he had placed her in one of his clients 500 gallon show tanks and she was happier than ever.

Yeah I know! I was like, "Where's Jill -- you know, my giant vlamingi?" He says, "Oh Jill? She jumped. Yeah, she's gone." You should have seen the look on my face!! :shock:

NDB was like, "I think we need to go now, let's leave..."

Back